Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the Newbies that think Penn Foster courses are a cake walk...
Just an FYI. For everyone enrolling in Penn Foster courses.

I just finished with Retail Management and this was no cakewalk.

My final project consisted of a 27 page paper that combined all my knowledge throughout the course to complete.

While I was able to successfully navigate thru previous courses with relative ease. Do realize that you need to follow all final projects and course content to a T. If not, you will be forced to revise, rewrite papers and then it will take more take to have them graded.

So anyone who thinks they can knockout all your penn foster courses before the July 1st catalog change, keep that in mind. Just because you finish the paper and submit it, doesn't mean you'll be done with it. The teachers at P.F. demand quality work and will accept no less. FYI. You've been warned.

GOOD LUCK!
100% agree! My final paper ended up being 15 pages. I still made an A in the course. However, this was a LOT more work that I thought it was going to be
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
Yes, so many people said "Financial Management was so easy!" and I can't even imagine what kind of background they have to be able to say that. I thought it was really hard! No paper to write, but the exams were not easy (you couldn't just look up every question, you had to really read through the book to try to figure out the info). The final exam was especially difficult. I put in a lot of hours doing the exams.

I got an A (92%), but only because I was allowed to take every exam except the final twice. Otherwise, I would have gotten a B- (81%). And this was working pretty darn hard on the course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Borashi Wrote:So anyone who thinks they can knockout all your penn foster courses before the July 1st catalog change, keep that in mind.

Is there a reason they would all have to be done by then? I've only read thus far that the Strategic Business Management course is the on that needs to be completed by July 1st, as after that it will no longer be accepted in lieu of the BSBA Strategic Management capstone. Are they going to be rejecting ALL PF courses?!
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:Is there a reason they would all have to be done by then? I've only read thus far that the Strategic Business Management course is the on that needs to be completed by July 1st, as after that it will no longer be accepted in lieu of the BSBA Strategic Management capstone. Are they going to be rejecting ALL PF courses?!

No, they won't reject ALL PF courses. As long as the courses you're taking at Penn Foster are ACE approved, TESU will accept them. Strategic Business Management is a capstone requirement, and they won't allow credits for the capstone to be completed outside TESU after a certain date (probably July 1), so that's the only course that won't be accepted.

Borashi just made this thread so people wouldn't enroll in PF courses with the assumption that they're all a piece of cake.
Nixi Wrote:No, they won't reject ALL PF courses. As long as the courses you're taking at Penn Foster are ACE approved, TESU will accept them. Strategic Business Management is a capstone requirement, and they won't allow credits for the capstone to be completed outside TESU after a certain date (probably July 1), so that's the only course that won't be accepted.

Borashi just made this thread so people wouldn't enroll in PF courses with the assumption that they're all a piece of cake.

+1 , that's exactly how I read it... PF courses will still transfer over, it's just that they're clamping down on what is required as a Capstone course.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Nixi Wrote:Borashi just made this thread so people wouldn't enroll in PF courses with the assumption that they're all a piece of cake.

I thought that might be it, but first sentence of the last paragraph doesn't mesh well with the idea -- it implies that he (or others) think all the PF courses need to be done by 7/1, not just strat. mgmt.
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:I thought that might be it, but first sentence of the last paragraph doesn't mesh well with the idea -- it implies that he (or others) think all the PF courses need to be done by 7/1, not just strat. mgmt.

After a reread, it does look like this is what he was trying to imply, but thankfully it's not true.
I'm not sure where to put this, so I figure this is a decent place for now...

The response I got from advising today appears to be the same "canned" response from the assistant dean that everyone else received, but until now, I did not notice an important bit of phrasing in that message. Bolding by me:

Quote:As of today, the Strategic Business Management course from Penn Foster is still transferrable and does meet our Strategic Management core course requirement. However, the transferability of capstone courses is under review and the current policy of accepting capstone courses in transfer may change in the near future (if I had to guess, I would say July 1, 2016, but that is not official). If you are registered for the course or are taking the course before the policy changes, you would be permitted to transfer the course in. However, if you take the course after the policy changes, you would need to take the course through Thomas Edison State University, not Penn Foster. My best advice to you would be contact us to make sure we are still taking the course in transfer before registering. You can contact me directly.

This means that it does NOT have to be completed by July 1. There's no need to "rush", just get registered or start before then and you should be fine it seems, even if you take the full 8-12 weeks to finish.
alzee Wrote:I'm not sure where to put this, so I figure this is a decent place for now...

The response I got from advising today appears to be the same "canned" response from the assistant dean that everyone else received, but until now, I did not notice an important bit of phrasing in that message. Bolding by me:

Quote:As of today, the Strategic Business Management course from Penn Foster is still transferrable and does meet our Strategic Management core course requirement. However, the transferability of capstone courses is under review and the current policy of accepting capstone courses in transfer may change in the near future (if I had to guess, I would say July 1, 2016, but that is not official). If you are registered for the course or are taking the course before the policy changes, you would be permitted to transfer the course in. However, if you take the course after the policy changes, you would need to take the course through Thomas Edison State University, not Penn Foster. My best advice to you would be contact us to make sure we are still taking the course in transfer before registering. You can contact me directly.

This means that it does NOT have to be completed by July 1. There's no need to "rush", just get registered or start before then and you should be fine it seems, even if you take the full 8-12 weeks to finish.

I'm copying this and pasting it into another thread for people to view in that secondary subforum...
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...ement.html
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 514 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,680 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 346 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,722 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,648 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 346 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,363 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 496 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 576 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,200 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader