Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up General Management TESC
dfrecore Wrote:Not sure which 6 classes you're talking about? The TESC BSBA General Management is still completely test-out-able - just not entirely by CLEP/DSST's. You will need to use TECEP's, UExcels, SL, ALEKS, Saylor,TEEX, etc. to get all your credits. It is also the ONLY degree that does not need a capstone.

The Business Ethics DSST can still be used as an Ethics fulfillment - it just can't fulfill Business in Society/International Business section of the Core requirements. Business in Society is a TECEP, or International Business is a TorCollegeCredits.com course.

That's what i meant. I can't do all CLEP/DSST. I see the 6 as: Managerial Accounting, Managerial Communication, Strategic Management (Cap), Sales Management, Ops Management, and now Bus Ethics. I am scared of other options to the CLEP/DSST, and would love suggestions. I am at 66 credits now, and about to dive into the core classes and area of study. Is Gen Mgmt. still the best bet?
Not sure of what you have left, but here are some suggestions for you with some I have used. There are many more out there that are plausibe and hopefully someone else will give you some other options. Just because you can't complete it by strictly using CLEP/DSST, doesn't mean that it is no longer the best bet. I am currently working on this degree and have found it very easy to work on with options for each class needed. Good luck to you no matter which way you go.

Managerial accounting is accounting II and you can take that through Straighterline, managerial communications can be taken through Saylor (free just pay for proctor), Strategic Mgmt through Penn Foster. If you are just trying to plug classes into the slots, you could use consumer behavior and/or marketing research through penn foster for marketing AOS, in the management AOS use human resource mgmt through Penn Foster , business communications and/or organizational behavior through Straighterline and project mgmt through Sophia.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
:iagree:

AngelaP has provided some great alternates. Also Intermediate Accounting I through Penn Foster is a quick, low stress course. Smile The final is non-proctored and submitted online. It can be used in the area of study and transfers as ACC-201.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
There are so many ways to get the General Management courses you need, it's ridiculous. And most are really cheap too. Sanantone has a good list, and many people prefer SL to CLEP/DSST anyway. You can get courses completed for a lot less than the $100 per course that a CLEP/DSST costs, if you go through quickly.

Don't forget that not every TECEP is extremely difficult either. For instance the Sociology TECEP is multiple choice, just like the CLEP. I can't imagine that it's WAY more difficult than the CLEP. And you can use the CLEP study info for it. Same with World History.

To get your BSBA in GenMgmt, you don't have to take a single TECEP if you don't want to. But if you do want to, there are 3 that have IC available (Public Relations, Strategic Management and Ops Management), along with specific exam feedback for a lot of them, some have Saylor courses recommended to study for them, and all of them give you a textbook that you can read to study for. I have taken 4 so far and did not think that they were the hardest tests in the world or anything (I failed College Algebra because I did not study enough, not because the test was so incredibly difficult).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
DBRENNAN118, Why not take a look at UEXCEL (Excelsior credit by Exam). They have loads of testing locations, you get a proper transcript from Excelsior, they're accepted at lots of Universities and Colleges apart from the main 3 and you get a grade. Though the grade part hasn't been good for me lately!

It's very difficult for me to take DSST exams due to lack of testing locations so I'm replacing with UEXCEL instead.

From your list of missing exams they have Managerial Accounting and Managerial Communications (Workplace Communication with Computers)
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
Love this forum! Thanks everyone for the advice. I guess I'm just nervous about taking any kind of actual course. I've only done CLEP/DSST and three ALEKS math courses, so SL, Saylor, and PF are foreign to me. But I'm sure if you guys can do it, I can too! The Acctg II option sounds perfect, and I'll try Saylor, SL and PF for the others. I just don't feel like there is enough study material our there (for me anyway) on the TECEP's - I've used this forum's study guides along with Wikipedia pretty much exclusively to get me this far (66 credits since July). I'd be lost if I had to just read a textbook and figure out what to focus on. You guys are great, thanks again.
Drew
The TECEP's give you a content guide that tells you exactly what to study for. I've found that it is spot on so far.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The Accounting I thru PF is accepted for Financial Accounting??
BSBA Plan (1).xlsx trying to post my plan but can't link it - on an old Mac computer and can't create hyperlink...
I just looked on the ACE website, and only two Saylor courses are approved for credit (two Biology courses). Am I reading it wrong?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 230 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 980 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,832 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 571 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 731 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 3,043 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 607 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,410 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 1,944 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee