Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heads up General Management TESC
Just a heads up that a TESC advisor told me this week that the DSST Business Ethics and Society is not going to fulfill the "Business in Society or International Management" in the business core. But TECEP Business in Society will! I had read on here that it would, and have already taken the class but it's now an extra credit for me that I won't be able to use. (You can take it as a business elective, but I already had 6 credits here.) Just didnt want anyone else to make the same mistake.

Smile
Thanks for letting everyone know. You still may want to try, as it's been accepted before. See what happens before you take another course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
hmritz Wrote:Just a heads up that a TESC advisor told me this week that the DSST Business Ethics and Society is not going to fulfill the "Business in Society or International Management" in the business core. But TECEP Business in Society will! I had read on here that it would, and have already taken the class but it's now an extra credit for me that I won't be able to use. (You can take it as a business elective, but I already had 6 credits here.) Just didnt want anyone else to make the same mistake.

Smile

Were you told that over the phone, or were you sent an email? The advisors on the phone are wrong half the time. When you send in a ticket, you usually get someone high up in the business school. Was your DSST already applied to your degree plan, or are you still waiting?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:Were you told that over the phone, or were you sent an email? The advisors on the phone are wrong half the time. When you send in a ticket, you usually get someone high up in the business school. Was your DSST already applied to your degree plan, or are you still waiting?
I first had a scheduled phone interview, and have been going back and forth through e-mail with one of their advisors creating a new ticket every time. So, I didnt even ask about that class specifically, and submitted my suggestion to my degree plan in an xls format when the advisor sent me an e-mail letting me know that the DSST will only be accepted as a business elective.

I'm curious to see if anyone else got it approved after the recent TESC degree plan changes.
Yeah. I did try and was told it could only pass as a business elective and since I already have intro to business and principles of supervision as electives, I could not apply it anywhere else. Not the hardest test, so not that big of a deal. But wanted to let everyone else know. It would be interesting to me to know if anyone else recently have gotten it approved as a core class.
dfrecore Wrote:Thanks for letting everyone know. You still may want to try, as it's been accepted before. See what happens before you take another course.

Yeah. I did try and was told it could only pass as a business elective and since I already have intro to business and principles of supervision as electives, I could not apply it anywhere else. Not the hardest test, so not that big of a deal. But wanted to let everyone else know. It would be interesting to me to know if anyone else recently have gotten it approved as a core class.
Damn. Is this confirmed? By my count, that's now 6 classes (based on Sanatone's model) that you can't clep/dsst out of- correct? I'm worried about tecep's as the only option- there is much less study material available for them. Any other suggestions? I'm finishing up Gen Ed next month, and want to be sure BSBA - Management still makes the most sense. 6 non-clep/dsst puts this degree plan in a similar position as some others (psych, humanities).
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Damn. Is this confirmed? By my count, that's now 6 classes (based on Sanatone's model) that you can't clep/dsst out of- correct? I'm worried about tecep's as the only option- there is much less study material available for them. Any other suggestions? I'm finishing up Gen Ed next month, and want to be sure BSBA - Management still makes the most sense. 6 non-clep/dsst puts this degree plan in a similar position as some others (psych, humanities).

Not sure which 6 classes you're talking about? The TESC BSBA General Management is still completely test-out-able - just not entirely by CLEP/DSST's. You will need to use TECEP's, UExcels, SL, ALEKS, Saylor,TEEX, etc. to get all your credits. It is also the ONLY degree that does not need a capstone.

The Business Ethics DSST can still be used as an Ethics fulfillment - it just can't fulfill Business in Society/International Business section of the Core requirements. Business in Society is a TECEP, or International Business is a TorCollegeCredits.com course.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Actually, the BSBA General Management does have a capstone called Strategic Management, which you can take through Penn Foster.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
AngelaP Wrote:Actually, the BSBA General Management does have a capstone called Strategic Management, which you can take through Penn Foster.

I guess I wasn't clear. No capstone through the school required as a full course you have to take for $1500 - you can take a TECEP, a PF course, or possibly through CSU-Global (Business Policy and Strategy, TESC's Strategic Management used to be called Business Policy).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 230 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 980 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,482 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,833 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 571 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 731 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 3,043 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 608 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,410 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 1,944 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee