Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-TESC student signing up for TECEP
I am confused by the instructions on the Thomas Edison website for signing up for a TECEP. On the Testing Arrangements page, it says:

"If you are not enrolled at Thomas Edison State College, use the link above to register as a Non-Matriculated student. Click Access Online Student Services and then I’m new to Online Student Services. Once your application (no charge) has been processed (within 2 business days), you will be emailed a College ID number. Return to the link above to register for your TECEP." (emphasis added)

I created an account, and filled out the information for a non-matriculated student application. However, on the last(I hope) page of the application, it says in big red letters "You will receive a separate email, shortly after submitting your application, with instructions regarding payment of the admission application fee. To ensure you receive the email, please add admissions@tesc.edu to your address book."

Is there an application fee for registering as a non-matriculated student? Is this what I need to do to be able to take a TECEP?
I emailed the testing department, and it turns out that due to change in policy, you do have to apply to take a TECEP test, and pay the admissions fee. It looks like they have now updated the web page as well.
horns Wrote:I emailed the testing department, and it turns out that due to change in policy, you do have to apply to take a TECEP test, and pay the admissions fee. It looks like they have now updated the web page as well.

Geez! Time to look at other alternatives. Thank you for the info.
I took a couple of TECEPs - I wouldn't if I had to pay an admission fee. How odd.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I signed up for a TECEP before I applied, there was no issue at all. I did not pay an admissions/application fee. This was prior to July 1, not sure if the change happened then. I would start calling around at the school to make sure that this is the case though. The system isn't always clear on how things work. If the testing department doesn't know, maybe the enrollment department does. Or advising...or someone around there might know. Keep asking.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 2,016 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,303 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,327 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 2,152 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 19,794 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,476 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,927 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,678 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 2,160 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,718 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew