Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took Saylor's BUS203 (NCCRS) : Principles of Marketing Today
michaelfrye1970 Wrote:That makes me a little worried. I sent the paid envelope to Saylor about two weeks ago. I also requested an ACE transcript last week and it is showing but nothing for the Saylor. Hopefully its just Saylor being slow.

It should be received soon. You may check your OSS and hit the Trancript Received button. You should see someting like this
Quote:My Institution Transfers
0004855 TESC-Assessment Credit 04/25/14

That was what showed when my transcript was received. You don't see Saylor written there.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
I'm going to hijack this thread and ask: Can you use any resources on the Saylor proctored exam? i.e. notes, e-book, etc?
marfund Wrote:I'm going to hijack this thread and ask: Can you use any resources on the Saylor proctored exam? i.e. notes, e-book, etc?

I've only taken the CS exam, but it was a closed exam with no outside resources (scratch paper allowed, and should be used for CS).
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
Sahara. Can you advise what the zen method is for the uninformed? Do you feel like the EP cost is worth it? I was on the fence about this but if it speeds up my prep time for exams, i'd consider it $50 well spent. Do they provide an easy method of matching exams to material?
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
mednat Wrote:Sahara. Can you advise what the zen method is for the uninformed? Do you feel like the EP cost is worth it? I was on the fence about this but if it speeds up my prep time for exams, i'd consider it $50 well spent. Do they provide an easy method of matching exams to material?

Hi Mednat, by "Zen method" I was simply referring to a forum member- Zenurez- from whom I first learned about using EP's videos for Saylor's courses. She wrote about using only the EP videos for the exams and how it helped her hit pass the pass-mark. The "Zen Method," as I call it, requires:

-- watching all EP marketing videos
---Taking the quizes at the end of each video lesson
---Taking Saylor's chapter quizzes (the non NCCRS version)
----Taking Saylor's (NCCRS) quizzes

That was what Zenurez did (without studying any other textbook or videos) that go her over 80% and this was what I did that got me 78%. We both took the exams when EP was free. I think with EP Marketing video, and practicing with both EP's and Saylor's questions, one should pass the exam.

Take note of any Saylor question(s) you get wrong as there were repeat questions in the final, proctored version.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
I took the exam this morning and passed it as well with a 78%.

It was a waste of time to read through the textbook (do it if you want to) but it was about 550 pages long and 85% of the stuff on the exam was covered in InstantCert.

My suggestion is to stick with InstantCert and go through the 7 assessments they offer on the Saylor website. Then what I did was copy and paste all the answers from all of the assessment on to one document and reviewed that about 8 times (it is about 10 pages long). Make sure you do this right after you take each assessment because after a certain amount of time has passed they no longer let you access the questions/answers of the assessments.

Some of the questions on the final exam were slight variations of the questions I had on the assessments.

Another 3 credits for $25! Woo-hoo
Saharapost Wrote:I took Saylor's Principle of Marketing today and scored 78% on the final, proctored exam. In all, I paid $25 to ProctorU and an additional $8.50 for Premium service. The only resource I used for this exam was Education Portal marketing video lectures- nothing more. I watched every video lecture except the last 3 to 4?? which I skipped because they were boring.Smile

Before taking the Saylor finals, I took the individual unit tests. The non NCCRS (non credit) unit tests were 5 while the NCCRS unit tests were 7. I took them all and then went straight to the Proctored Final. Together with the practice quizzes from Education Portal videos, their (EP) final exams, and the quizzes from Saylor, I was able to prepare for the final.

Thanks to Zenurez who introduced me to the "Zen Method" of "Sayling" through Saylor's Marketing exam. I would have spent hours, days, weeks, reading the bulky study e-book provided by Saylor. With the interesting videos, I was able to hit the pass mark. For someone who wants to hit the 70 pass mark or cross over to 80, I think the Education Portal video on Marketing is great.

My headache now would be how to request a transcript to TESC considering the fact that I am not a US resident. To request a transcript, I understand that I am to send a stamped addressed envelope to Saylor. Does anyone have an idea about how someone from outside the US can pay to Saylor for stamp and envelope without having to worry about getting a stamp from far away US...?

Could you explain the "Zen method" more in depth? could it be used for other saylor courses?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Could you explain the "Zen method" more in depth? could it be used for other saylor courses?

I'm interested too -- but just for the sake of knowing/learning, because I have no need or plan to take any Saylor courses. Have you though of searching through old posts by Zenurez to see if the method was mentioned?

http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...-post.html
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I'm interested in this too~ i need to take this course~
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Could you explain the "Zen method" more in depth? could it be used for other saylor courses?

I copied the following from this forum to my study notes for Saylor; not sure who originally posted it...oops! :leaving:

Quote:Hi Mednat, by "Zen method" I was simply referring to a forum member- Zenurez- from whom I first learned about using EP's videos for Saylor's courses. She wrote about using only the EP videos for the exams and how it helped her hit pass the pass-mark. The "Zen Method," as I call it, requires:

-- watching all EP marketing videos
---Taking the quizes at the end of each video lesson
---Taking Saylor's chapter quizzes (the non NCCRS version)
----Taking Saylor's (NCCRS) quizzes

That was what Zenurez did (without studying any other textbook or videos) that got her over 80% and this was what I did that got me 78%. We both took the exams when EP was free. I think with EP Marketing video, and practicing with both EP's and Saylor's questions, one should pass the exam.

Personally, I've found it's just as doable to find relevant YT videos in place of the EP videos.

{Edit} Oh goodness this post was actually from this very thread! hilarious and it's by Saharapost. http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post176550
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which schools accept NCCRS? wow 12 710 08-17-2024, 07:22 AM
Last Post: wow
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 519 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 2,382 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 764 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 769 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 3,358 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Stressed & Depressed - today’s high school students Vle045 8 1,381 12-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Credit banking and transcripting of ACE/NCCRS courses studyingfortests 1 934 09-10-2021, 09:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,680 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,337 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis