Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
Cyber Security for IT Professionals overlaps it, but it's only worth 2 credits whereas the DSST is worth 3.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
So is this Man-299 bundle essentially useless to us TESC CBE students or are there other 1-2 credit business option out there. Best use I can see for these is to take both CIS courses and overshoot one of the 3 credit requirements by 1. Am I right?
Clep: Info Systems & Computer Applications, Humanities, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, A&I Lit, Marketing

Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, College Algebra/Trig, Pre-Calc, Business Statistics

Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Principles of Management, Accounting I, Accounting II, Business Law, Sociology, Business Ethics, Organizational Behavior, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting, Business Communications, English Composition II

TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals, Cyber Security for Business Professionals

DSST: Human Resource Management, Money and Banking, Management Information Systems, Ethics in America

Penn Foster: Financial Management, Strategic Management

Goal: BSBA General Management TESC (120/120)
I am seeking the same thing as the poster above. Where can I find one or two credit classes in either CIS or Management? Low cost or self directed is preferred so that he can avoid the cost of an extra 3 unit class.
My favorite search engine google.com
Hello Everyone,

I'm still a little bit of a newbie to the site and I'm sure this topic has been discussed over and over again....but I'm 3credits away from graduation at TESC BSBA OPTION. Most of the inquiries on the TEEX courses were in regards to Electives, and Computer Science majors. My remaining 3 credits to complete my BSBA- General Management degree are for: Core; Compu Lit/Intr CIS > Complete 3 hours in an introduction to information systems, >introduction to computers,computer literacy, or an introductory computing course with applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.

(I've inquired with my academic advisor but not with the registrar whom is probably a better option to inquire about these courses versus the intro computer requirement. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance😊
mrsbeatty2be Wrote:My remaining 3 credits to complete my BSBA- General Management degree are for: Core; Compu Lit/Intr CIS > Complete 3 hours in an introduction to information systems, >introduction to computers,computer literacy, or an introductory computing course with applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.

The following exams fill this slot:
- DSST COS101 Intro to Computing (if CIS is your field or concentration you could most likely take this exam cold). Take a look at the fact sheet. Review the flashcards and take the exam. I took this exam yrs ago at the time flashcards were not available for the DSSt. If that is still the case use the set for the CLEP IS&CA exam.
- CLEP COS101 Info System & Computer Applications
- TECEP CIS107 Computer Concepts and Applications

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks Bricabrac always to the rescue 😉 I was hoping to utilize the free option and take advantage of the leniency in test timing of the two CIS 2cr. TEEX courses. Thanks again
mrsbeatty2be Wrote:Thanks Bricabrac always to the rescue  I was hoping to utilize the free option and take advantage of the leniency in test timing of the two CIS 2cr. TEEX courses. Thanks again

Would the Intro to Computer Science from Saylor work? free materials, and a $25 fee for the online proctor.

CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I « Saylor Academy
Aleks: Beginning, Intermediate, College Algebra, Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics
Straighterline: Cultural Anthropology, Religion, Biology, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Eng Comp I, C++.
Working on - Eng Comp II, Intro Comm
Sophia Intro to Psych
TEEX: CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
NFA: Q318, Q118, Q137
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences

Goal: Complete Gen Ed. requirements.
Originally Posted by mrsbeatty2be
Thanks Bricabrac always to the rescue  I was hoping to utilize the free option and take advantage of the leniency in test timing of the two CIS 2cr. TEEX courses. Thanks again

Would the Intro to Computer Science from Saylor work? free materials, and a $25 fee for the online proctor.

CS101: Introduction to Computer Science I « Saylor Academy

Good Afternoon,

Yes that course would actually work as per Thomas Edison. Thank you for your response.
was looking at the TEEX website -
TEEX Information Technology / Online Training and see that the Cybersecurity CYB101, 201 & 301 classes are no longer hyper linked. Does this mean they are no longer available.

This is my first time to TEEX and need 2 credits for completion of Free Electives at TESC.

Thanks

Was looking at the web site again. Think I was reading the section incorrectly.
Looks like the CYB101 is the Tract that includes the courses: AWR-175, AWR-174 & AWR-168 and all three AWR courses have to be competed for the 2 credits in CYB101.
BSBA - Gen Mgt @ TESC In Progress
Total Earned - 14.67
Remaining - 105.33

Com College
CIS 105
MAN 105
PED 106
4.67 credits

JST/Army
GOG 280
MAN 201
PEA 199
MSC 131
MSC 161
HEA 195
8 Credits

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone (CYB 101)
2 ACE Credits

TECEP
ENC 101- REGISTERED
purplenova Wrote:Was looking at the web site again. Think I was reading the section incorrectly. Can someone verify for me please.
Looks like the CYB101 is the Tract that includes the courses: AWR-175, AWR-174 & AWR-168 and all three AWR courses have to be competed for the 2 credits in CYB101.

Is that correct?

Yes, it is.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,161 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 87 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 196 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,539 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong