Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Course Questions
jmichelle79 Wrote:This may be a dumb question, I have a couple pdf books. Would these be allowed??

Thanks

I used a PDF for accounting 2 this week with no problem. Bus Comm is now closed book.
TESC BSBA CIS
WGU MS Information Security and Assurance

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra - College Algebra - Intro to Stats

CLEP
A&I Lit - Principles of Management - Principles of Marketing - Business Law - Macro - Micro - Into to Sociology - SS & H - Humanities - English Comp

DSST
Principles of Supervision - Intro to computers - Intro to Business - MIS - Business Ethics - HR Management - Intro to Law Enforcement - Environment and Humanity - Tech Writing - Human Cultural Geography - Principles of Financial Accounting - Ethics in America - Principals of Finance

SL
Business Communications - Acct. II - Intro to C++

Penn Foster
Strategic Management

TESC
Networking Technologies - TECEP
Systems A and D

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone, IT Professionals

Microsoft
MS Virtualization - 70-659

Free-electives - Private Pilot
stretcharmy Wrote:I used a PDF for accounting 2 this week with no problem. Bus Comm is now closed book.

I sat the Bus Comm Finals yesterday. Only the written part of it was closed book. For the multiple choice section, it was still open book.
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions regarding Straighterline. First of all, if the finals for these courses are "moving toward closed book" do you think there would be any advantage to per-registering for finals? I was just thinking that if at this point the courses you want haven't yet transitioned over to having closed book finals, do you think that the current rules would apply if you registered for a final say, a month or two from now? Also, is there any way to register for finals before registering for courses, or do you first register for a course and then arrange for a final? I'm guessing that if the finals are proctored you need to make an appointment of some kind. Any idea what Straighterline's hours are like for this? I.e. can you take finals on the weekend or does it have to be during the week? If during the week does it have to be during regular business hours, or are these allowed at night? Sorry. As soon as I take my next CLEP exam (tomorrow) I would like to register for the Staighterline Business Ethics course, and then for the Introduction to Religion course early next month (hopefully within the one-month timeframe so I can take both courses for one monthly fee. Any help you kind people can provide would be most gratefully accepted.

Thanks bunches.
You can schedule your final as soon as you register on the course. I have done this several times and ended up sitting my final before i'd finished the other (non-proctored)exams for the course, that was no problem. There is a wide range of times available, often through the night and very early in the morning. Sometimes when I select an early test I have been charged a $5 'premium' fee. I'm not sure if that was because of the short notice I booked it at or the time I selected. Intro to religion is probably one of the easiest Straighterline courses.
Thanks bunches Natasha,

I really appreciate your help here. Because I want to take the exam on my tablet, (I don't have a Webcam on my desktop computer and don't want to buy one so I can take two two-hour exams) I am going to have to take it at my local Microsoft Store (yes, I just checked with them today, and they are more than willing to hook up my Surface to one of their all-in-one computers with a huge monitor and Webcam--they even demonstrated how it can only use the large monitor since only one monitor is allowed). Also, for the Business Ethics course I have ordered the book but now have the .PDF book as well. Will they let me use both? I was just thinking it might be helpful to look things up in two places. Also, have have a half off code (for half off the monthly fee), as well as the two for the price of one code. I doubt they'll let me use both, but just wanted to get your thoughts on that. I have left messages for my Straighterline adviser but not heard back yet. Many thanks in advance for all your help.
Will TESC accept a 69.5 on a Straighterline Course?
I need some help, i got a 69.5 overall score for Organizational Behavior Course, a half a point away from a 70%. Will Tesc still accept it? because my husband had a "D" on his tesc evaluation that was accepted. WIll mine? PLEASE HELP?!
keymommy2000 Wrote:Will TESC accept a 69.5 on a Straighterline Course?
I need some help, i got a 69.5 overall score for Organizational Behavior Course, a half a point away from a 70%. Will Tesc still accept it? because my husband had a "D" on his tesc evaluation that was accepted. WIll mine? PLEASE HELP?!

Don't worry, SL will round off your score to 70%. I got 69.84 in my psychology exam and it was rounded off to 70.
I think you'll only be able to use one of the codes. For the proctored test, you will be required to download a piece of software that allows them to remotely access your machine and check your screen/resolution settings and that there's no other monitor connected, so you may want to confirm that a) the settings on the store's PC will allow you to download it and b) that they will be OK with you allowing the proctor to connect remotely.
Thanks Natasha,

However, since my tablet will be what is hooked up to the all-in-one computer at the store, my understanding is that the proctor will be connecting to my tablet, but in any case, I don't think that they will have a problem with it. They have been so agreeable so far that I just don't anticipate any issues with this, but I will definitely check--especially since I want to take that exam this Friday. Thanks for your help.
They will want to check your screen resolution to check that you don't have any 'secret' monitors connected. If they can do that via your tablet then all should be good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,406 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,769 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 522 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 1,005 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 924 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 963 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,788 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,553 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 940 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,297 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77