Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foundations of Education DSST exam
I intend to take Foundations of Education DSST exam.

I found an opencourseware on 'General Methods of Teaching;, It is not in english though. Here: Open Courseware - Virtual University of Pakistan

The topics this opencourse has are as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lesson # 1 Concept of Teaching Lesson # 2 Teaching as a Profession Lesson # 3 Key Contexts of Schooling Lesson # 4 Teachers’ Responsibility and their Level of Functioning Lesson # 5 Promoting Deeper Understanding Lesson # 6 Instructional Decision Making Lesson # 7 Types of Knowledge Lesson # 8 Educational equity Lesson # 9 Planning for Instruction Lesson # 10 Bloom's taxonomy of cognitive domain Lesson # 11 Affective and psychomotor domain Lesson # 12 Performance objectives Lesson # 13 Levels and Limitations of Planning Lesson # 14 Overall Considerations For Instructional Planning Lesson # 15 Unit planning Lesson # 16 Lesson planning Lesson # 17 Lesson Plan Formats Lesson # 18 Content Forms & Sequencing Lesson # 19 Presentation Modes Lesson # 20 Information Processing Theory & Graphic Organizers Lesson # 21 Models of Lesson Organization Lesson # 22 Multi-Methodology as an Instructional Process Lesson # 23 Concept of Child Lesson # 24 Early Years Education Lesson # 25 Big Ideas & Generative Concepts Lesson # 26 Essential Questions in Adolescent Teaching Lesson # 27 Big Ideas & Essential Questions Lesson # 28 Integrated Themes Lesson # 29 Inquiry Teaching and Higher Level Thinking Lesson # 30 Inquiry Processes and Constructivism Lesson # 31 Guided Inductive Inquiry Lesson # 32 Models & Considerations in Guided Inductive Inquiry Lesson # 33 Scientific Method Lesson # 34 Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Lesson # 35 Cooperative Learning Lesson # 36 Cooperative Learning Strategies Lesson # 37 Organizing Cooperative Learning Lesson # 38 Project Learning Lesson # 39 Discussion Method Lesson # 40 Direct Instruction Lesson # 41 Discovery Learning Vs Presentation Lesson # 42 Motivation for Learning Lesson # 43 Teaching Models for Motivation Lesson # 44 Teaching Tools Lesson # 45 Effective Teaching
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For people who have taken this exam or are otherwise familiar with Foundations of Education DSST exam, I wanted to ask:

In view of the topics above covered by this podcast, Will this opencourseware be helpful in preparing for the DSST Foundation of Education exam?
I think that the course you show is way to involved to be useful for the foundations of education exam. If you join Instantcert you will access to the flashcards there. If you use that and other resources recommended on the specific exam feedback on this forum you will be well prepared for this exam.

I have no affiliation with IC except this forum but I can not recommend it enough it was such a help to me and I tell everyone I know to use it. If you search this forum I know someone has a discount code in their signature, it is well worth the money to try IC for a month.

The one other source I recommend is:
Foundations of Education DSST Study Guide - Free-Clep-Prep.com

With the above you should be ready to pass the exam.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SARA Source - catalog of distance education programs stats-time 3 426 08-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: wow
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,911 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Curious about Guild Education Vle045 8 1,148 05-19-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 478 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 448 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 2,706 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,811 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  New ASU EA/UL Course: CIS194 Cloud Foundations MNomadic 6 1,061 11-03-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77