Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
Anyone know what happens if you fail the same section more than the alotted times? I have been taking the Network SEcurity Section 3 times already and have failed by one question each time. I have two more to go but I'm afraid if I fail it completely I wont get anything or be able to retake the whole set. Does anyone know? PLEASE HELP!! I'm ready to pull my hair out.
chiquitacobbe Wrote:Anyone know what happens if you fail the same section more than the alotted times? ...

Don't pull your hair out. I bet you'd look a bit humorous if your were bald. Please laugh. Ok... all joking aside. Somewhere on the webiste, it says you get 5 attempts. If you're feeling stressed, try something else for a few days. Or try some supplemental related reading. Here's a link to results of a Google for the words understanding computer network security: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&outp...47&bih=687

You could also call the toll free number listed on the site for customer service and ask them what would happen in your situation. Try walking a away for a few days then reading some of those links. if you still don't understand it, then PM me. I used to work at Cosco and have a farily good understanding of networks. I don't know that I could explain it any better than those sites in the Google search results but I will try if you need me.

Good Luck!
What I do is copy all the text of each course to one file. Then I use that file as my main reference to prepare
for the evaluation. Each chapter has a small evaluation, do not take the final evaluation until you master all
the small evaluation at over 90%. Some of the questions on this mini evaluations will be repeated on the final.
Then when you have already read all the material and you know it by heart and you can answer the evaluations
without any problem. That will be the moment when you will be ready for the final.

Some people might say that I am being too cautious but the minimum required is 80% in order to obtain credit.
You need to learn the material because as far as I know free sources of computer science credit are very scarce.

Take care and good luck.
Yeah, don't do what I did.

I passed the preliminary tests for the first two classes with a 74% and 76%. Because I already passed all the modules, it locked me out from
the second test and I had no chance to push my grade up over 80%.

I had to email them to have the classes reset.... lol
bluk30 Wrote:Yeah, don't do what I did.

I passed the preliminary tests for the first two classes with a 74% and 76%. Because I already passed all the modules, it locked me out from
the second test and I had no chance to push my grade up over 80%.

I had to email them to have the classes reset.... lol

Thanks everyone! I am going to work on the last module I have which A138. Finish that one and then go back.

But I'm really worried about the 80% thing. I don't have an 80% on the modules, I have like 76% or 78%. Where does it say you need to get 80% for it to count as credit? Now I really am going to pull my hair out!!!! LOL It shows that I passed and have the certificates. UGHHHHHHH
CRAP!! I just read th 80% thing on ACE. DAMN What do I do now??? Is there a way to go back? I had the same thing happen that on the pre test I scored enough to pass and it didn't allow to me to take it again. I'm not happy right now. These would've been my ace in the hole! Any suggestions?
As Bluk mentioned email your instructor to reset the classess.
Does anyone know if any of the courses are considered natural science in Thomas Edison State College?
I'm sure once someone has the credits evaluated by TESC, he or she will post the results here as soon as possible. No one has answered your question yet because no one has an answer yet.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
2 of my TEEX courses just popped up on ACE. Seems pretty painless. I'll let you all know what they get evaluated in about 6 weeks... (damn tesc is slow).
DONE!!!! :hurray:hilarious:hurray: 120 out of 120 Complete. BSBA in CIS at Thomas Edison State College

TESC - 9 C/H
Strategic Bus Management (BUS 425) - A
Sys Analysis and Design - A
Network Tech TECEP (CMP-311) - Pass

CLEP - 15 C/H
College Comp - 56
Prin of Management - 62
Prin of Marketing - 61
Business Law - 59

DSST - 9 C/H
Introduction to Comp - 476
M.I.S. - 464

South Suburban Com Col - 18 C/H
Phil 101 & 107, 16 credits in Music Study/diction/composition

Microsoft MCSA - 3 credit hours in BSBA CIS Area of Study

ALEKS-Straighterline-Penn Foster-FEMA-TEEX - 12-39-6-6-= 66 CR Hours
Interm/ Algebra, Col. Algebra, PreCalculus, Intro to Stats - Managerial Acc, Intro Bio, Business Ethics, Org. Behavior, US History I & II, Intro Psych, Macro, Microeconomics, Bus Comm., Intro to Business, Acc I & II - Intro to Prog, Fin. Management - TEEX IS Security Courses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,162 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 88 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 196 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,544 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong