Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Finance - Wish me luck!
I'm taking the DSST Principles of Finance Exam after work this evening. I could definitely use the prayers & support. While I was fairly comfortable with a good portion of the material prior to studying for this exam, it is a bit unnerving finding out that this exam has a 10% pass rate. So, I do feel fairly confident, but you just never know until you're done with it.

Anyways, thanks!!

~ Matt
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Good Luck!!

That pass rate is for those who do not study and not for those, like you that have given it all you've got!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Matymus Wrote:I'm taking the DSST Principles of Finance Exam after work this evening. I could definitely use the prayers & support. While I was fairly comfortable with a good portion of the material prior to studying for this exam, it is a bit unnerving finding out that this exam has a 10% pass rate. So, I do feel fairly confident, but you just never know until you're done with it.

Anyways, thanks!!

~ Matt

Matt,

You can count me in on the prayer list - you're going to do great! If you have studied hard for this exam and you feel that you know the material well, then go in there with a positive attitude that you are going to PASS this exam!! Wink

And I personally think that EVERYONE should ignore whatever they read about "pass rates". Just look at all of the members of this forum who HAVE successfully passed this exam...you will soon be joining that list! Big Grin

Good luck and let us know how it goes, okay?!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
hilarious

Take care,
JoAnne
I'll chime in with the rest, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PASS RATES!!!! If I had done that I'd never had attempted & suceeded the very low pass rated tests I've taken. As Brian stated, many people walk into testing centers without a bit of study, hoping they can get a pass on guessing and common sense, we all know it takes more than that on the majority of tests. It sounds as though you are well prepared, have confidence in yourself and your ability and kick some finance *butt*. Lee
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
Ditto, ditto and ditto. You can count me on the prayer list also. But remember, you've studied and you are going to do well. Those pass rates do no apply to IC students anyway! Just take a look at the past threads. hilarious

We'll all be rooting for you. Knock 'em dead.
Kate
BS Psychology
Well...I ended up passing with a 49!!! hilarious hilarious hilarious Not the best score in the world, but it'll do, lads & lasses...it'll do. I couldn't remember some of the formulas, and then still trying to figure out my BAII-Plus Financial calculator, I had a wee bit of difficulty. But, for the most part, I still felt confident that I'd get a passing score. I know Excelsior gives letter grades for DSST exams, and I'm hoping my 'low' score doesn't drag down my GPA too much. :mad: But at least I can move on to Money & Banking. WOO HOO!!
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

Matymus Wrote:Well...I ended up passing with a 49!!! hilarious hilarious hilarious Not the best score in the world, but it'll do, lads & lasses...it'll do. I couldn't remember some of the formulas, and then still trying to figure out my BAII-Plus Financial calculator, I had a wee bit of difficulty. But, for the most part, I still felt confident that I'd get a passing score. I know Excelsior gives letter grades for DSST exams, and I'm hoping my 'low' score doesn't drag down my GPA too much. :mad: But at least I can move on to Money & Banking. WOO HOO!!
Matymus,
As Brian says, A Pass Is A Pass!. Good luck with Money and Banking, I have to take that one yet.
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
yutzyj Wrote:Matymus,
As Brian says, A Pass Is A Pass!. Good luck with Money and Banking, I have to take that one yet.

[SIZE="7"]CONGRATULATIONS[/SIZE]
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony
Did I mention that I'm thrilled that I'm done with Finance?!! Big Grin
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College

Matymus Wrote:Did I mention that I'm thrilled that I'm done with Finance?!! Big Grin

Matymus...

Sorry for the delayed response, but I wanted to say WELL DONE for passing the Finance exam! I was also relieved when I was able to put that exam behind me, and I even work in the finance/accounting field! Rolleyes

Good for you! Keep up the good work!

JoAnne Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 482 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Florida Just Became the Largest State to Mandate Personal Finance Education in HS LevelUP 19 2,178 03-27-2022, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Has anyone taken Personal Finance? samlarsonns 1 1,589 10-27-2021, 07:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Claremont Dual BA/MA - Economics or Finance in 4 years bjcheung77 5 1,177 04-26-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  DSST Principles of Public Speaking MrsIrie 12 3,244 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Last Post: momofminis
  ACCA - Certificate in Digital Innovation for Finance (£255 GBP online) nomaduser 0 725 08-01-2020, 09:21 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Drexel University - Certificate in Finance Essentials ($399 Online) nomaduser 0 708 08-01-2020, 09:18 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
Big Grin Congrats to all 2019 Graduates and Good Luck to all of us class of 2020 Mitmike2019 1 996 01-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Finance or Economics Degree HELP! learn777 11 4,676 09-03-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: learn777
  Study.com materials for DSST Principles of Finance? Cordero9001 1 1,152 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Zachcleigh