Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Microsoft Certification Exam for Current Student
I wonder if it would be viable for Excelsior to contract with one of the free email providers (fastmail is good) to offer an 'excelsior.edu' account for the sheer handiness and marketing value of it.

Phillip
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Management 77[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Sociology 74[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Marketing 78[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro to Psychology 80 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Intro Business Law 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 73[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP A & I Lit 75[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Financial Accounting 62[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Ethics in America 468[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST MIS 482[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]CLEP Natural Science 72[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Org Behavior 80[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DSST Finance 462[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Next: ALEKS Jail (College Algebra) Going dark to finish[/SIZE]
Could you get a .edu email address through FHSU for just the 35 enrollment fee? Seems like I remember seeing that here somewhere..
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
valsacar Wrote:Umm... Excelsior doesn't give student IDs (at least I never got one and been with them a while), or a .edu email address...

There are other ways to verify on dreamspark without having a .edu email address but without a student id I think you might be SOL because prometric's site says you need it at the test site or you will have to pay full professional rate to take the exam.
beargins Wrote:It does look like microsoft has a list of credit recommendations:
Earn College Credit with a Microsoft Certification l ACE Credit Recommendations

I checked out that link brothert69 and I'm excited about this. Any idea on when this may end? I already have a couple of certs I'm studying for, plus summer courses so I don't want to interrupt that just yet. Hopefully this will be available until Late june or even july Smile

You must register for and take your exam before June 30, 2011
ronaldemail1 Wrote:I am currently enrolled in TESC, do I qualify for this?

Yes. You will have to verify your student status with dreamspark and you will need a student id when you go for the exam.
MISin08 Wrote:I wonder if it would be viable for Excelsior to contract with one of the free email providers (fastmail is good) to offer an 'excelsior.edu' account for the sheer handiness and marketing value of it.

Phillip

google has something for colleges also. my local community college email address is administered through gmail.

I think its something they should look into. It give the school that little something extra when it comes to credibility and it makes it easier to take advantage of student discounts.
burbuja0512 Wrote:Could you get a .edu email address through FHSU for just the 35 enrollment fee? Seems like I remember seeing that here somewhere..

you would still need a student id when you went to the exam
brothert69 Wrote:You must register for and take your exam before June 30, 2011

thanks for that info!
beargins Wrote:thanks for that info!

You're welcome.

Also even after this offer expires microsoft and prometric offer half price exams for students. For more information please see the following link.

Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification

Also for all the military and former military members on the board microsoft certification exams are reimbursable under the following programs Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), VEAP (Chapter 32), and Dependents Educational Assistance (Chapter 35), for more information please see the links below.

Microsoft Certification Exams Included in VA Education Benefits

Welcome to the GI Bill Web Site | The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
The Air Force will also pay 100% for one certification in your career, up to $4,500, to cover training and testing costs. This is on top of 100% tuition assistance through grad school, which is on top of the huge new GI Bill. :hurray:
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 5 610 10-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: durain
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 820 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,759 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 541 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 355 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 40,017 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 891 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  ISSA Certification burbuja0512 0 250 07-06-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  OpenAI launches new AI model GPT-4o Free for Everyone LevelUP 4 722 06-27-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,519 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn