Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study.com subscription plans?
I'm finished with my Sophia courses so now I've been taking a look at study.com. They seem to have multiple subscription plans, but it looks like the one I need in order to be able to credit transfer to WGU is the $235 / month "COLLEGE SAVER EDITION" plan?

It seems quite expensive?  Huh

Yes, I guess I'll see if I can find some sale, especially since I think I may be forced to spend a while on it. The classes I must work on seem like they might be time consuming ( Computer Science 204: Database Programming, Computer Science 303: Database Management, Computer Science 201: Data Structures & Algorithms, Computer Science 307: Software Engineering)
There are discount codes available, search this forum and Google it. Remember that you can complete more than 1 course within a month. There is a lot of info on this forum. You could take a couple of shorter/easier courses and then a credit is just $60 (with a discount code).

It is not that expensive when you compare it to how much you pay per credit at a uni and as I said above you can do more than 1 course in a month.

Good luck!
(05-29-2024, 05:50 PM)legenwait4itdary Wrote: There are discount codes available, search this forum and Google it. Remember that you can complete more than 1 course within a month. There is a lot of info on this forum. You could take a couple of shorter/easier courses and then a credit is just $60 (with a discount code).

It is not that expensive when you compare it to how much you pay per credit at a uni and as I said above you can do more than 1 course in a month.

Good luck!

By $60 per, are you referring to the fact that I could complete a few classes in a month, thus it would be the monthly sub / by # of completed classes?
Study.com Offer: 25% off the first month Link: https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If anyone else is interested, I found this code for 30% for first 3 months: MICHAELK
(05-29-2024, 06:49 PM)jobojoe285 Wrote: If anyone else is interested, I found this code for 30% for first 3 months: MICHAELK

Actually, depends on the number of classes a student needs and the way they want to optimize the exams... it may be better to use a code from one of our members instead, here's an example, it's the first post on page 7 of this thread...  For those who are only looking for one month, then my post #4 above should work (or the post in #67 in the thread).  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...des?page=7

1) There are so many different options, here's a couple of examples:  1 month at 25% off first month, using my post #4 code = $176.25, if you add an exam, it's $70 (up to 3 more/month).  For those looking at just 3, 4, or 5 total, this may work for you.  An example for 5 total, $176.25, plus $210 for 3 exams, total for 5 is $386.25... For those who can finish 1 course every 5 days, you have a buffer of 5 days just in case to get all of them completed in the month.

2) Now, if you go for 30% off, you can do $164.25/month and if you do three months, it'll be $493.5 and you'll have 6 exams.  This option would work for those who are looking to slowly yet surely complete the classes, and you have up to 3 months to finish 6 classes.  It would be wise to also take $70/exam if needed, a very good option for those who have more than 6 classes to complete at Study.com, if you're able to do 5/month and only need 5, I would do option #1.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-29-2024, 06:15 PM)jobojoe285 Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 05:50 PM)legenwait4itdary Wrote: There are discount codes available, search this forum and Google it. Remember that you can complete more than 1 course within a month. There is a lot of info on this forum. You could take a couple of shorter/easier courses and then a credit is just $60 (with a discount code).

Good luck!

By $60 per, are you referring to the fact that I could complete a few classes in a month, thus it would be the monthly sub / by # of completed classes?

If you take a 3-credit course and pay around $180 for it then your cost per credit is around $60. That's of course, if you complete it within 1 month. This is just when you do 1 course per month. If you do 2 your per credit cost goes down to $30.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 69 45,451 09-24-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Saver - 30% off 3 months portals 42 7,582 09-24-2024, 06:32 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 237 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 291 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 497,626 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 644 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 244 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,246 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 395 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM
  Study.com—is this course NCCRS or ACE? wow 15 772 08-12-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP