Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Principles of Marketing - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Principles of Marketing (/Thread-Principles-of-Marketing--8820)

Principles of Marketing - bblackett - 11-21-2009

I took this test Wednesday and passed with a 65! I took Principles of Management a couple years ago and passed with a 70. Preparation for both tests included Instant Cert…and IC ONLY! I was averaging (average of all sections) on the marketing practice tests 91.69%. My weakest section was part 5 at 84.38%.
I studied a ton for this test! I actually started studying a couple years ago after taking the Principles of Management test and then got side tracked and here I am over two years later just finishing it! Many of the test questions were similar to IC flash cards but very few were the same. This surprised me because I remembered the Management test being almost verbatim what I’d been studying on IC. One reason I think I studied too much, is that the IC questions were not exactly what the CLEP questions were, although obviously they all related at some level since I did pass!

Now I’m studying for Introduction to Business Law. Does anyone have any experience with this test? What were your average IC scores before taking the real thing?

Principles of Marketing - JanusthePhoenix - 11-21-2009

Congratulations on passing CLEP Marketing! Business Law, both CLEP and the DSST upper level version, is not well suited for IC studying, IMO. Everytime I see this question, I recommend Barron's Business Law as a learning source. See the link.

Principles of Marketing - bblackett - 11-21-2009

Thanks for the tip! The link didn't workSad Are you recommending the "Barron's Business Law Vocabulary" flash cards? A quick internet search produced 2045 of these things on FlashCardExchange. Interesting...Thank you very much for the tip!

Principles of Marketing - JanusthePhoenix - 11-21-2009

Grr..what the link was supposed to be was a list of posts by me about business law. I guess you have to do it manually. In advanced search, your search terms will be "business law" and on the right enter my name in the 'search by username' area. You will find all my input on the subject, but the point is that everything you need to know to pass the tests are in this book.

Principles of Marketing - MISin08 - 11-21-2009

I bet a nickel Phoenix means this book.

IC is helpful but the book is great, see if you can borrow it from the library. [Edit]: I'll add that the textbook website for the Cheeseman text had useful extras that supplemented Barron's.

Phillip

Principles of Marketing - 15%Luck - 11-22-2009

haha, I'm going in tomorrow to take Marketing...
Any words of particular wisdom?