Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How to score Spanish Exam - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How to score Spanish Exam (/Thread-How-to-score-Spanish-Exam)

How to score Spanish Exam - McNulty_CM - 07-29-2009

Has anyone taken the CLEP Spanish language exam. I just took a Petersons practice exam and got 68% right on the exam. I'm sure that would be enough to pass level one, but how close would it be to full credit (12sh)?

How to score Spanish Exam - CLEP101 - 07-29-2009

If I remember correctly, if you score between 50-64 you will receive 6 Semester hours. If you score 65-80, then you'll receive the full 12 semester hours. This if for the actual exam, I'm not sure how accurate the Spanish Petersons exams are though.

How to score Spanish Exam - dponton - 07-29-2009

I am taking CLEP Spanish next week and according to the Excelsior cut score chart if you get a 50 you get two semesters (6 credits), a 63 will get you four semesters (12 credits). I don't think these are % numbers so you should do very well.
I also have been using Peterson's and am hoping to get all 12 credits; good deal for the price.
Smile
PS
How do you get your scores to show up?
Do you gave to enter them every message?

How to score Spanish Exam - gill18 - 07-29-2009

I took Spanish last week and got 6 credits. Be able to understand spoken spanish WELL and KNOW the grammer. I scored really high on the Peterson's, but not so great on the actual test. But if you know grammer and spanish well, you'll do fine.
:-D

How to score Spanish Exam - Chebasaz - 07-29-2009

Man I envy you second language speakers!

6 credits at the minimum.. 12 credit maximum..

Quiero doce gatos err.. créditos!

How to score Spanish Exam - McNulty_CM - 07-29-2009

If you watch enough world cup soccer, its easy to pick up. hilarious

How to score Spanish Exam - NAP - 07-29-2009

McNulty_CM Wrote:Has anyone taken the CLEP Spanish language exam. I just took a Petersons practice exam and got 68% right on the exam. I'm sure that would be enough to pass level one, but how close would it be to full credit (12sh)?

That is a tough call. According to the REA chart in the US History I book which is also a 120 question exam, 68% of the questions correct would be an 81 raw score and a 69 scaled score. I think they tend to be on the generous side of things. For instance, on this chart you can get 20 questions wrong and still get an 80 (perfect score).

According to the formula ShotoJuku likes, 120 questions would be worth .5 points each, so adding 40 (81 times .5) to a base score of 20 would give a scaled score of 60.

Plus with Gill18's experience, it is even harder to tell what your score means.

Sorry, this isn't really any help, but it gives you some ways to look at it so you can make sure you are prepared.

I have read on the board that the sound quality on the CLEP exam can be poor. That would add to the challenge.

My best wishes on your exam!

How to score Spanish Exam - CLEP101 - 07-30-2009

NAP Wrote:That is a tough call. According to the REA chart in the US History I book which is also a 120 question exam, 68% of the questions correct would be an 81 raw score and a 69 scaled score. I think they tend to be on the generous side of things. For instance, on this chart you can get 20 questions wrong and still get an 80 (perfect score).

According to the formula ShotoJuku likes, 120 questions would be worth .5 points each, so adding 40 (81 times .5) to a base score of 20 would give a scaled score of 60.

Plus with Gill18's experience, it is even harder to tell what your score means.

Sorry, this isn't really any help, but it gives you some ways to look at it so you can make sure you are prepared.

I have read on the board that the sound quality on the CLEP exam can be poor. That would add to the challenge.

My best wishes on your exam!

When I take practice exams, as long as I get 55%-65% correct questions, I go take the real thing. So far so good, it's been paying off.

Good luck on your test,

How to score Spanish Exam - McNulty_CM - 07-30-2009

clep101 Wrote:When I take practice exams, as long as I get 55%-65% correct questions, I go take the real thing. So far so good, it's been paying off.

Good luck on your test,

I am pretty confident that I would pass the exam for 6 credits, but I think I would be better served spending the time needed to achieve the 63 that would award me the full 12 credits. My road map has 15 elective credits available, so I figured if I could get 12 credits with one test... that would be the most benificial use of study time and money. I'll just watch Telemundo until I have all of my other exams and classes taken care of then I'll take the Spanish Exam.

Manter os dedos mixtas.

How to score Spanish Exam - pcvclep - 07-30-2009

McNulty_CM Wrote:Has anyone taken the CLEP Spanish language exam. I just took a Petersons practice exam and got 68% right on the exam. I'm sure that would be enough to pass level one, but how close would it be to full credit (12sh)?

I just took the CLEP Spanish exam this morning and scored a 70. While I was preparing, I used the Petersons practice exams and always scored above 90%. So, my experience is that the actual CLEP is considerably harder than the Peterson exams.