Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Am I ready for Humanities? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Am I ready for Humanities? (/Thread-Am-I-ready-for-Humanities)

Am I ready for Humanities? - holmgirl - 07-23-2009

I am scheduled to take the Humanities CLEP next Thursday. I am very nervous about taking it because I have only studied for a month and it is a six credit test. Usually I take two months to study for a three credit test and two and a half for a six credit one.

I took a practice test from the REA guide a few days, and my score was a 53.
I took a practice test out of the Princton Review "Cracking the CLEP" book yesterday and scored 68%

Yesterday I took the practice test out of the Offical CLEP Study Guide and scored 101 questions out of 150, or 67%.

The other CLEPS I've taken are Analyzing and Int. Lit, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology and General Science.

My vocabulary is very strong, and I've read more classics than I can count, so I'm confident about that part. Also, I've had two years of Italian during high school so I can translate a lot of terms fairly well. I am very bad at musical history, but I can read music well. I've never studied art or opera before.

What do you think? Do I have a chance at passing it? I need a 50 to pass.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. I start college in September and once I start, I'm not allowed to take anymore CLEPS. So if I can't pass this now, I'd like to reschedule it for next month.

Thanks so much!

Am I ready for Humanities? - cdautel - 07-23-2009

It sounds like you are well prepared! I took the Humanities CLEP studying only InstantCert for a few hours a day (for about a month) and ended up scoring in the low 70s (I am a musician, though, so that may have helped!). Having used IC, the exam was a breeze and was actually one of the most fun tests that I have taken. Smile Hope this helps boost your confidence, and that everything goes well!

Candace

Am I ready for Humanities? - alleycat - 07-23-2009

I think that you should be all set. Your college will not let you test once your start classes? Like never take a clep test again while you are there?

Am I ready for Humanities? - Chebasaz - 07-23-2009

It looks to me like you're ready as well. If you really just want to study some more, I'd hit the free Peterson's test as well just to get some more practice in. Doesn't cost you anything but time. Wink

Am I ready for Humanities? - ideafx - 07-23-2009

My practice test scores were similar. I passed with a 60.

Am I ready for Humanities? - holmgirl - 07-24-2009

Thanks for the encouragement. I have confidence now that I will be able to pass it. I'll keep studying and I'll definitly check out those Peterson tests.

My college of choice does not accept any more than thirty credits from CLEP and this must be completed before classes start. That's why I am in such a rush to pass it.

Thanks again!

Am I ready for Humanities? - bkbarden - 07-24-2009

It definitely sounds like you're ready. IC was WONDERFUL for this test, so if you feel like you still need some review, I would recommend reviewing the cards.

Also... on the broad exams like this, look at the percentages breakdown and add up what you're good at. If it's over 60%, I wouldn't worry too much more. Smile