Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Testing Fees? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Testing Fees? (/Thread-Testing-Fees)

Pages: 1 2

Testing Fees? - retake - 04-16-2009

I'm curious as to what a reasonable testing fee is for CLEP/Dantes. I've been taking CLEP exams at College of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas. They're charging me a $40 testing fee plus $70 for the test. This seems a bit high, or is it just me?

Testing Fees? - ShotoJuku - 04-16-2009

The $40 bucks.....IS.....a bit high!

Testing Fees? - NAP - 04-16-2009

I hope you can find a convenient place with lower fees. Mine are $15. I have read that there are places that are free and not just for the military.

Testing Fees? - Lindagerr - 04-16-2009

I once complained that my local community college charged $40 per test, I was told they left that fee higher so they could keep tuition cost down.

I looked and found a slightly further CC that has a nicer, quieter testing center and only charges $15 per test.

As far as I could learn testing centers can charge whatever they want to proctor.

Testing Fees? - retake - 04-16-2009

NAP Wrote:I hope you can find a convenient place with lower fees. Mine are $15. I have read that there are places that are free and not just for the military.
Unfortunately, no. There aren't many colleges in Southern Nevada. UNLV charges the same fee. UoP and Regis have campuses here that offer them, but they're limited to enrolled students.

I may be moving to Florida later this year where the prices are more reasonable and there are several test centers to choose from. I was just curious as to what others pay.

Public colleges in Nevada are in dire need of funds, and I guess this is an easy way to collect extra revenue.

Testing Fees? - kingbodonti - 04-16-2009

retake Wrote:I'm curious as to what a reasonable testing fee is for CLEP/Dantes. I've been taking CLEP exams at College of Southern Nevada in Las Vegas. They're charging me a $40 testing fee plus $70 for the test. This seems a bit high, or is it just me?

It depends on how "remote" your location is. That is quite a bit higher than New York City. Must be because you have so many choices in NYC.

Testing Fees? - codface - 04-16-2009

$40? Wow. That is high. At the U. of West Georgia I pay a $15 testing fee, but they only offer CLEP.

There are a bunch of Strayer's around Atlanta and there's one closer to me than UWG. They offer both CLEPs and DANTES for a $20 testing fee, I don't have to send in the fee in advance like UWG, it's easier to get a earlier test date from them, and their testing facilities are much more modern. It's worth the extra 5 bucks for me to go there.

Testing Fees? - frankiebleyes - 04-16-2009

Our local cc charges $30.00, our state university $20.00 and UOP charges $15.00. The testing center at UOP is quieter, but you can only take tests in afternoon. I'm a morning person, but hey I'm not paying $40.00 so what do I have to complain about. Good luck with finding another site. Here prometrix has some local testing sites. Maybe they have one in your area.

Testing Fees? - Levi - 04-16-2009

I've taken all of my tests at one testing site, and the testing fee per test if $12. I don't think there are many places that charge any lower than that.

Testing Fees? - NAP - 04-16-2009

retake Wrote:They're charging me a $40 testing fee plus $70 for the test.

If you could take more than one test per day (which I couldn't), would they charge more than one $40 fee? Either way, it's still a really inexpensive way for all of us to get college credit!