Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Luck is on my side. - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Luck is on my side. (/Thread-Luck-is-on-my-side)

Luck is on my side. - LANIER - 03-03-2009

Thirty minutes before I was going to take the CLEP Information Systems & Computer Applications, I spontaneously skimmed through the DSST Supervision IC flashcards. I didn't read any explanations, instead I just kind of gauged my competence.

After my CLEP, I decided to push the envelope... I took Supervision immediately afterward. Passing is 46, I got a 47.

Take this as encouragement, not boasting. If a weak pass can be accomplished by 30 minutes of careless browsing; a couple hours of IC review will do wonders!

Luck is on my side. - liarock - 03-03-2009

Holy Smokes! Congrats!
Must be satisfying!

Luck is on my side. - creationstory - 03-03-2009

LANIER Wrote:Thirty minutes before I was going to take the CLEP Information Systems & Computer Applications, I spontaneously skimmed through the DSST Supervision IC flashcards. I didn't read any explanations, instead I just kind of gauged my competence.

After my CLEP, I decided to push the envelope... I took Supervision immediately afterward. Passing is 46, I got a 47.

Take this as encouragement, not boasting. If a weak pass can be accomplished by 30 minutes of careless browsing; a couple hours of IC review will do wonders!

i did that with modern middle east and human cultural geography... def doable.. the management goes well in a set supervision. so does law enforcement and criminal justice..

are you going to excelsior or thomas edison for your degree? b/c excelsior would count your supervision class as a C with a score of 47

Luck is on my side. - Southron Boy - 03-03-2009

Did the same with Info Sys & Comp Aps after Intro Psyc a couple weeks ago; only made a 50, but a pass is a pass! Great Job!

Luck is on my side. - MadMax396 - 03-03-2009

Where else is there. Hey good work hope its taking you to your degree at light speed.

Luck is on my side. - LANIER - 03-04-2009

creationstory Wrote:are you going to excelsior or thomas edison for your degree? b/c excelsior would count your supervision class as a C with a score of 47

I'm not too sure at the moment. I like the sound of TESC on a diploma a lot more, but I dread the idea of taking ECEs. I really need some guidance as to which college to pick, there doesn't seem to be a common agreement amongst people.

Being in the Military and wanting any sort of BS in Business... Would either EC or TESC be more favorable? In all aspects... how 'easy' completion is, financially, etc.

Yeah, I was bummed that I get a C for the Supervision, just one more point and I would have made a B... I guess it doesn't really matter though.

Luck is on my side. - Jason86 - 03-04-2009

LANIER Wrote:Thirty minutes before I was going to take the CLEP Information Systems & Computer Applications, I spontaneously skimmed through the DSST Supervision IC flashcards. I didn't read any explanations, instead I just kind of gauged my competence.

Yeah and congrats. Yes that's encouraging since I'm looking at a long list of tests ahead. As we say on the forum- a pass is a pass. Good job.

Luck is on my side. - toottoot - 03-07-2009

congrats .. thats pretty good