Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. (/Thread-Need-help-to-plan-out-which-CLEP-should-be-my-next)

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - chandnig - 01-21-2009

Hi
I m confused as to which subject should i select to complete my credits..i have cleared the following:
College Algebra
College Mathematics
Biology
Natural sciences

I was preparing for Freshman college composition and was shooting for tommorow ,but i think i m not ready for it..
I wanted to know is there any subject which i could do by studying for only a few hours..easiest of the cleps..
Any guidance would be appreciated..

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - dc67 - 01-21-2009

[SIZE="5"]Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. [SIZE="2"]I passed with zero prep. You just have to comprehend what you read and use a little common sense[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - chandnig - 01-21-2009

In analysing and interpretting literature , there is some poetry required ..
is it important for u to be a familiar reader?
I just dont like reading for hobby..so was afraid of this..
Any suggestions..

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - dc67 - 01-21-2009

I hate reading. It wouldn't hurt to have that knowedge I am sure, but I promise I passed it cold.

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - Lindagerr - 01-21-2009

I did not think A & I Lit was that easy, I think it all depends on what you are most comfortable with. I am a science person so I probably over anylized the lit.

Need help to plan out which CLEP should be my next.. - studyingathome - 01-22-2009

chandnig Wrote:In analysing and interpretting literature , there is some poetry required ..
is it important for u to be a familiar reader?
I just dont like reading for hobby..so was afraid of this..
Any suggestions..
I took A & I Lit after taking the REA tests and memorizing some vocabulary. Honestly, I didn't need much of the vocabulary, and I thought beforehand that I would do terrible or make about a 50 (if that high), but I got a 60! I don't enjoy reading poetry, and struggle to analyze it, but I thought when I took the test (last October) that the questions were not difficult to understand. You don't have to be familiar with poetry, and I don't think you have to be the best analyzer. If you are worried, grab the REA study guide and do the practice exams. I only got a 50 the first time I took the REA test without study. Out of the tests I've taken, I would say A & I Lit was the easiest because I didn't really have to study for it.

Right now I'm studying for English Lit to take in February hopefully. I think it's a good one to tag onto A & I Lit, but you have to study authors and memorize a bit more.

Allison