Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! (/Thread-Does-this-sound-right-only-2-credits-for-Spanish)

Pages: 1 2

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - mcakes - 10-31-2008

I recently took the Spanish Clep and got a 51 on it. On the clep paper it said that it was worth 6 credits. Ashford just posted it and only gave me 2 credits. Does that sound right to you? Why would they take away 4 credits? Has anyone else experience this?
Thanks!
Mary

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - peacfulchaos2001 - 10-31-2008

The Spanish Clep is normally worth 3 credits. It is worth 6 IF u make about a 66(someone back me up on the number, I am not sure). However, the school that you attend has the final determination on how the will award credit. So even if you made a perfect score Ashford may only award 2 credits. I would call and ask about their Spanish Clep policy, or browse to their Catalog to see if it is in there.

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - Farmerboy - 10-31-2008

I believe the Spanish CLEP is worth 6 credits if the score is passing but below 66 and 12 credits if above that. I wouls say that your college has determined its own standards for grant credits for Cleps.

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - originalbigjim - 10-31-2008

66 you are right on the money
Ashford University Online – CLEP Info

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - mcakes - 10-31-2008

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know if they would cut Dantes scores as well.
Thanks!
Mary

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - cookderosa - 11-01-2008

mcakes Wrote:I recently took the Spanish Clep and got a 51 on it. On the clep paper it said that it was worth 6 credits. Ashford just posted it and only gave me 2 credits. Does that sound right to you? Why would they take away 4 credits? Has anyone else experience this?
Thanks!
Mary
>>

Yuck! Well, it is up to the college, but that's a bummer. That would be 6 almost anywhere that CLEP is accepted. May I ask why Ashford? (They are in my community, they must have a really awesome website)

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - mcakes - 11-01-2008

I chose Ashford because they were the only ones I found offering an educational concentration. I now wonder if I made the right choice.

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - cookderosa - 11-01-2008

mcakes Wrote:I chose Ashford because they were the only ones I found offering an educational concentration. I now wonder if I made the right choice.
>>

If your looking to teach K-12 just be sure they meet the requirement. Another option, but it may or may not work for you- is to get your BA in anything regionally accredited, and then do the certificate for your ed classes. I think there are a few here who have done/are doing that- maybe they can speak up.

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - jkfuss - 11-01-2008

Did you call your advisor at Ashford and ask why? We here can only guess.

Does this sound right only 2 credits for Spanish!! - mcakes - 11-04-2008

I asked my adviser what was wrong. She had the credit corrected to 6. I'm so glad!
Mary