Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? (/Thread-Any-BUS-class-to-add-before-the-term-ends)

Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - seven9781 - 10-08-2024

Hello. 

I am working on a BBA Accounting degree. 

I started this term and completed 6 classes. I was wondering if it's too late to add another class. I have noticed some instructors take some time to grade. 

I completed below courses. 

BUS 220
BUS 244
BUS 325
BUS 361
BUS 376
BUS 377

These are my remaining courses. 

BUS 440 Business analystics
BUS 469 Strategic professional communication 

BUS 352 Business Law II
BUS 362 Intermediate Accounting II
BUS 378 Federal Taxation II
BUS 464 Advanced Accounting 

It seems like BUS440 and BUS469 are somewhat short classes. I wonder if I should add at least one more or just wait until the next term?

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - ss20ts - 10-08-2024

BUS469 is probably your best bet to finish before the term ends.

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - bjcheung77 - 10-08-2024

That's correct, I would go for that BUS469 if you have the energy and time to complete them... I would also recommend you to complete the Coursera cert that corresponds to BUS440 while waiting for the new session to start, you may want to get more Coursera certs to get a balanced mix/match of certs, degree, experience under your belt...

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - ss20ts - 10-08-2024

(10-08-2024, 11:35 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, I would go for that BUS469 if you have the energy and time to complete them... I would also recommend you to complete the Coursera cert that corresponds to BUS440 while waiting for the new session to start, you may want to get more Coursera certs to get a balanced mix/match of certs, degree, experience under your belt...

That IBM certificate is no longer ACE accredited. It expired in September. There's a ton of discussion about this on Discord.

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - Samhain408 - 10-08-2024

(10-08-2024, 12:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-08-2024, 11:35 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, I would go for that BUS469 if you have the energy and time to complete them... I would also recommend you to complete the Coursera cert that corresponds to BUS440 while waiting for the new session to start, you may want to get more Coursera certs to get a balanced mix/match of certs, degree, experience under your belt...

That IBM certificate is no longer ACE accredited. It expired in September. There's a ton of discussion about this on Discord.
Yup. I finished mine the day before it expired.

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - Hackingat40 - 10-09-2024

So if you did this particular cert before it expired and submitted to UMPI will they still accept it as transfer in credit especially towards the BUS440?

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - ss20ts - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024, 03:17 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: So if you did this particular cert before it expired and submitted to UMPI will they still accept it as transfer in credit especially towards the BUS440?

Yes. If it was valid when you completed it, then UMPI will accept it. If you completed it after September 30th then no UMPI will not accept it.

RE: Any BUS class to add before the term ends? - bjcheung77 - 10-09-2024

Yes, they will accept it as long as it was completed before expiration. One thing to note, they'll transfer it in, but won't provide you an exemption for the corresponding MAOL class, for people who want to transfer classes into the MAOL, the class must be completed at UMPI.