Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
AAS other than Pierpont ? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: AAS other than Pierpont ? (/Thread-AAS-other-than-Pierpont)

Pages: 1 2

AAS other than Pierpont ? - ForSchoolsStuffffffffff - 08-25-2024

Hello, 
I would like to know if there is any AAS where you can transfer all 60 credits (or satisfy all requirements with just transfer credits) other than Pierpont ?
I haven't graduated HS yet but I have credits from UoPeople (2 courses), Sophia (around 13 courses now) and Coursera (some 50 to 60ish credits).
The pierpont one requires being out of high school for atleast a year, and I really need an AAS.
Thank you

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - mr_peanutbutter - 08-25-2024

Probably not. The BOG is already rare being a West Virginia program, and Pierpont was exploiting a bit of a term loophole to offer BOGs to anyone that had the credits already without actually attending a single class (every other BOG program had at least a 3 hour residency requirement).

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - bjcheung77 - 08-25-2024

Yes you can and no you can't, as the information in the addendum and template is missing, you're just providing bits and pieces of information for a puzzle and asking to see if you can get the entire puzzle completed. Basically, if you follow the addendum and template, it has the most important info you want to fill in to see if you 'can' get the AAS or not. The main thing missing is your age, location, other graded credits, etc. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - wow - 08-25-2024

If you only have two credits from University of the People, will they even put them on a transcript so that you can transfer them anywhere? My understanding it is that University of the People will only compile and sendbtranscripts for degree seeking students (or those who have qualified for degree seeking status in the past, but then received their degree or dropped out), and you are only considered a degree seeking student after you have taken four courses there.

In any case, University of the People will not count for the RA credit requirement for any of the BOG degrees in West Virginia, because University of the people is DEAC (nationally) accredited.

For any of the BOG degrees, you are supposed to have at least 12 RA credits, and from what you have said above it's not clear that you have any.

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - ForSchoolsStuffffffffff - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 11:34 AM)wow Wrote: If you only have two credits from University of the People, will they even put them on a transcript so that you can transfer them anywhere? My understanding it is that University of the People will only compile and sendbtranscripts for degree seeking students (or those who have qualified for degree seeking status in the past, but then received their degree or dropped out), and you are only considered a degree seeking student after you have taken four courses there.

In any case, University of the People will not count for the RA credit requirement for any of the BOG degrees in West Virginia, because University of the people is DEAC (nationally) accredited.

For any of the BOG degrees, you are supposed to have at least 12 RA credits, and from what you have said above it's not clear that you have any.

it's not two credits it's two courses so 6 credits from there. 
13 courses from Sophia so 39 credits from there
and around 57 credits from Coursera

(08-25-2024, 11:06 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes you can and no you can't, as the information in the addendum and template is missing, you're just providing bits and pieces of information for a puzzle and asking to see if you can get the entire puzzle completed.  Basically, if you follow the addendum and template, it has the most important info you want to fill in to see if you 'can' get the AAS or not.  The main thing missing is your age, location, other graded credits, etc.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works

Your Location: Algeria (so international student)
Your Age: 16
What kind of degree do you want?: AAS in IT or information systems or anything related.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: UoPeople (nationally accredited) : 6 credits (and the transferred sophia and coursera courses)
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: Sophia Learning (39 credits), Coursera (57 credits)
Any certifications or military experience?: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySa+, Microsoft Azure AZ-900 and SC-900 and a lot of google certs on coursera including IT support, data analytics ...etc
Budget: less than 400$ preferrably
Commitments: I want to find an AAS like the pierpont one where i can transfer all courses
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: N/A

The pierpont one requires being atleast one year out of high school and I haven't finished HS yet, and it'll require the residency requirements but I can't afford that.

I Could also do any other sophia or Coursera courses (but what I have now fulfills the requirements for the gen eds at SNHU and UoPeople)
the coursera courses I have are Google UX design, IT support, Data analytics, advanced data analytics, project management and SAS advanced developer

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - newdegree - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 03:06 PM)ForSchoolsStuffffffffff Wrote:
(08-25-2024, 11:34 AM)wow Wrote: If you only have two credits from University of the People, will they even put them on a transcript so that you can transfer them anywhere? My understanding it is that University of the People will only compile and sendbtranscripts for degree seeking students (or those who have qualified for degree seeking status in the past, but then received their degree or dropped out), and you are only considered a degree seeking student after you have taken four courses there.

it's not two credits it's two courses so 6 credits from there. 
13 courses from Sophia so 39 credits from there
and around 57 credits from Coursera

(08-25-2024, 11:06 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes you can and no you can't, as the information in the addendum and template is missing, you're just providing bits and pieces of information for a puzzle and asking to see if you can get the entire puzzle completed.  Basically, if you follow the addendum and template, it has the most important info you want to fill in to see if you 'can' get the AAS or not.  The main thing missing is your age, location, other graded credits, etc.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works

Your Location: Algeria (so international student)
Your Age: 16
What kind of degree do you want?: AAS in IT or information systems or anything related.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: UoPeople (nationally accredited) : 6 credits (and the transferred sophia and coursera courses)
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: Sophia Learning (39 credits), Coursera (57 credits)
Any certifications or military experience?: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySa+, Microsoft Azure AZ-900 and SC-900 and a lot of google certs on coursera including IT support, data analytics ...etc
Budget: less than 400$ preferrably
Commitments: I want to find an AAS like the pierpont one where i can transfer all courses
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: N/A

The pierpont one requires being atleast one year out of high school and I haven't finished HS yet, and it'll require the residency requirements but I can't afford that.

I Could also do any other sophia or Coursera courses (but what I have now fulfills the requirements for the gen eds at SNHU and UoPeople)
the coursera courses I have are Google UX design, IT support, Data analytics, advanced data analytics, project management and SAS advanced developer
Finish high school before you try to find college hacks… most require a high school diploma plus you don’t have the budget even for a degree.

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - ForSchoolsStuffffffffff - 08-25-2024

Sure ... I didn't want to spend too much on AAS so I can use the money on a BS

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - newdegree - 08-25-2024

(08-25-2024, 05:55 PM)ForSchoolsStuffffffffff Wrote: Sure ... I didn't want to spend too much on AAS so I can use the money on a BS

finish high school first…

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - wow - 08-26-2024

Sorry, I meant courses not credit when referring to the University of the people. In any case, you didn't address the rest of my message. I don't see how you will be able to transfer those courses unless there is some information here that you're not giving us. As I said earlier, you cannot get a transcript from University of the people unless you or have enrolled as a degree seeking student there. You need to take at least four courses at the University of the people in order to qualify as a degree seeking student. Two courses does not make you a degree seeking student, therefore those two courses will not be put on a transcript by the University of the people to be sent to any other institution.

RE: AAS other than Pierpont ? - Old Guy - 08-26-2024

Pierpont was a gem. It changes in early October. I suspect they became overwhelmed, then decided to milk it with a fee increase, and then decided to end it. To my knowledge there are currently no more regionally accredited programs available by transferring in 100% ACE and other alternative credits. Some schools may grant an associates degree on the way to a bachelors degree but even Excelsior requires 4 credits be taken from them before an associates will be awarded. These credits do reduce by four the seven credits required for the bachelors. Excelsior isn't cheap. It's out of control in your situation but whenever an attractive situation comes up, leap on it because it will likely change.