Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral (/Thread-Summer-Session-1-Waiting-on-Conferral)

Pages: 1 2

Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - OldLadyScholar - 07-22-2024

Anyone else waiting on degree conferral from Summer Session 1? 

For anyone else wondering the time frame. I started in January with 97 credits (community college and a state college). I needed 16 classes and finished up on June 28. So, about five months (with two trips thrown in) to finish up my degree in history. I did use any non-traditional credits like Sophia or SDC.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - ss20ts - 07-22-2024

Typically it takes 6-8 weeks for degrees to be conferred after grades are due.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - OldLadyScholar - 07-22-2024

(07-22-2024, 06:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Typically it takes 6-8 weeks for degrees to be conferred after grades are due.

The email they sent said 4-6 weeks, but I am definitely prepared for the 6-8 weeks too.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - Indieblue - 09-10-2024

(07-22-2024, 08:11 PM)OldLadyScholar Wrote:
(07-22-2024, 06:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Typically it takes 6-8 weeks for degrees to be conferred after grades are due.

The email they sent said 4-6 weeks, but I am definitely prepared for the 6-8 weeks too.

Anyone still waiting?

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - OldLadyScholar - 09-10-2024

(09-10-2024, 10:58 AM)Indieblue Wrote: Anyone still waiting?
I have been conferred; however, I never received the confirmation email with the degree analysis. I never heard back from the registrar and so now I am just waiting for Parchment to email me. Someone in the registrar's office confirmed that I was conferred and it appears as such on Mainestreet. Apparently, the registrar forgot to email me as everyone is supposed to get an email from her.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - Indieblue - 09-11-2024

(09-10-2024, 06:11 PM)OldLadyScholar Wrote:
(09-10-2024, 10:58 AM)Indieblue Wrote: Anyone still waiting?
I have been conferred; however, I never received the confirmation email with the degree analysis. I never heard back from the registrar and so now I am just waiting for Parchment to email me. Someone in the registrar's office confirmed that I was conferred and it appears as such on Mainestreet. Apparently, the registrar forgot to email me as everyone is supposed to get an email from her.

I check my UMPI Mainestreet once a week, haven't seen anything yet. I hope it is soon.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - OldLadyScholar - 09-13-2024

I just got my parchment email today. Any luck for you? It does seem like some Session 1 graduates are still being conferred. Good luck!

(09-11-2024, 05:16 AM)Indieblue Wrote: I check my UMPI Mainestreet once a week, haven't seen anything yet. I hope it is soon.

I just got my parchment email today. Any luck for you? It does seem like some Session 1 graduates are still being conferred. Good luck!

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - Indieblue - 09-19-2024

(09-13-2024, 02:51 PM)OldLadyScholar Wrote: I just got my parchment email today. Any luck for you? It does seem like some Session 1 graduates are still being conferred. Good luck!

(09-11-2024, 05:16 AM)Indieblue Wrote: I check my UMPI Mainestreet once a week, haven't seen anything yet. I hope it is soon.

No, I am still waiting. I sent an email to Lisa but it has been a week with no reply or changes. Since Summer II has been seeing conferment, I'm feeling a bit left out lol.

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - tdat314 - 09-19-2024

Where exactly are you all looking for the conferment? Will it be listed on the unofficial transcript or elsewhere?

RE: Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral - bjcheung77 - 09-19-2024

It's always a waiting game, especially after the summer break or something like a holiday break... Luckily, UMPI goes by sessions and not semesters, you'll get your diploma soon enough, it just has to be processed accordingly.