Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions (/Thread-The-American-Dream-Academy-Closing-4-30-Questions)

Pages: 1 2

The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - SophiaPrincess - 04-27-2024

As many of you know, the American Dream Academy is closing Tuesday. The FAQ at their website,
https://theamericandreamacademy.org/, states  "MCAAD, Coursera, and our partners are extending free and discounted access options so that TADA learners can continue with their courses and pursue their goals." I have heard nothing about the extension and Coursera customer service has no information. 

I completed two certificates and am in the middle of a third which I can not finish by the 30th.  Does anyone know about free or discounted access to Coursera going forward? Thank you.

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - bjcheung77 - 04-28-2024

I'm not sure, I didn't get any emails regarding anything for the TADA discounts or freebies after the date. I hope they would still keep the TADA classes open, even though the system may have an updated note saying it's closing on the 30th. I am thinking that Coursera would leave the classes open for Google, IBM, and other providers... unless of course, those providers decide to close the specific classes or programs, Coursera would need to follow through.

BTW, which two did you finish and which one are you trying to finish?

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - bjcheung77 - 04-29-2024

Actually, I just looked at this again, there's another area in the FAQ that has the following info, this indicates September but doesn't indicate if it's 2023 or 2024!: What if I don’t finish my career certificate before the program ends?

MCAAD, Coursera, and our partners are extending free and discounted access options so that TADA learners can continue with their courses and pursue their goals. We will share more details on these options during a September information session and in followup emails.

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - Vle045 - 04-29-2024

That was last September. The extension was the period from that announcement until April 30th (tomorrow).  Coincidentally, my TADA access completely disappeared a couple of months ago and was replaced by Capella’s Coursera Career Academy which has all of the certificates included.  I don’t know how that happened.  My best guess is that it might be somehow connected to me being a student at Strayer since they have the same parent company, but I have no idea. Perhaps other colleges have the same thing.

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - SophiaPrincess - 04-29-2024

I can confirm it was September 23 as well but have heard nothing from TADA or Coursera since then. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - bjcheung77 - 04-29-2024

SophiaPrincess Wrote:I can confirm it was September 23 as well but have heard nothing from TADA or Coursera since then. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Thanks, which third professional certificate are you stuck on? I hope they'll have this updated and possibly extended for those who need them.

I was looking at my account, apparently the Google Data Analytics Professional Cert that I complete didn't show up in my Credly, I have completed all the classes and sent a support ticket to them. I think the reason it didn't show up was, I unenrolled from it accidentally, so I had to manually add those 8 classes to make up for the entire certificate, and the system couldn't re-enroll me as it prompts I've got a subscription to that already... Support should get it fixed and my badge should come any day now...

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - SophiaPrincess - 04-29-2024

Congratulations on your completion of the Google Data Analytics Professional Cert. I am not stuck, just out of time. I finished Intuit Bookkeeping and Google Project Management but won't finish the Salesforce Sales Development course before tomorrow. I did sign up for another course in case they allow me to continue past the deadline.

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - bjcheung77 - 04-30-2024

As we've shared previously, after two years providing skills training for Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending on Friday, May 2, 2024.

Important reminders:

Your Enrollments, Progress and Completions: You will continue to have access to your Coursera account and all your progress to date after May 2, 2024. The only thing that is ending is the free access to Coursera provided through The American Dream Academy.

Support: Please engage the Learner Help Center and Chat Supportfor immediate help. Please complete this form if you're not able to address your issue with the Help Center or Chat Support. We will respond to this form as soon as possible.

We are so honored to be a part of your learning journey and will continue to be cheerleaders for you and happy to support you in any way moving forward.

The Milken Center for Advancing the American Dream (MCAAD) and Coursera

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - lahill3law - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 01:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: As we've shared previously, after two years providing skills training for Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending on Friday, May 2, 2024.

Important reminders:

Your Enrollments, Progress and Completions: You will continue to have access to your Coursera account and all your progress to date after May 2, 2024. The only thing that is ending is the free access to Coursera provided through The American Dream Academy.

Support: Please engage the Learner Help Center and Chat Supportfor immediate help. Please complete this form if you're not able to address your issue with the Help Center or Chat Support. We will respond to this form as soon as possible.

We are so honored to be a part of your learning journey and will continue to be cheerleaders for you and happy to support you in any way moving forward.

The Milken Center for Advancing the American Dream (MCAAD) and Coursera

Yep!  I just got that same email earlier this afternoon at 12:48 PM CST.  There wasn't any information in the email today about the discounts discussed for TADA learner Coursera subscriptions as was previously discussed on the 09-12-23 TADA Transition and Pathways virtual meeting, per Slide #5, "Free and Discounted Access to Coursera".  I sent Coursera Customer Support my questions and included the URL plus 5 screenshots so "whomever-answers-at-Coursera" will see what I'm talking about.  This "radio silence" of TADA has been disconcerting. ??‍♂️

RE: The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions - allvia - 04-30-2024

For the record, Friday is actually May 3rd (2024)  Smile  Someone from TADA made a typo in the email - I'm going to assume they meant Friday (May 3rd), not Thursday (May 2nd)