Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! (/Thread-Finished-Done-Can-t-wait-for-graduation)

Pages: 1 2 3

Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - ltw900rr - 04-10-2024

It finally happened..

I started a journey to continue where I left off 25+ years ago after I received an Associate's degree at a local community college.

In July I started taking classes on Sophia, and then started classes at TAMUC for Fall 1 2023. 

Today my last assignment was graded.

I never thought I would get to this point, and I am glad I found the help of this forum.

Graduation is May 11th @ 2PM. I plan to walk and hope my wife can finish her classes so we can walk together.

I also received an email today about my grades and Summa Cum Laude academic distinction.

I would like to thank this forum for the help and thank the members who went to TAMUC and paved the way!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4953]

[attachment=4953]

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - jg_nuy - 04-10-2024

Congratulations!

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - ReyMysterioso - 04-10-2024

Congrats! Class of 2024 ftw! Go Lions

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - Imbanewbie - 04-10-2024

congrats !!

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - fromthedepths - 04-10-2024

Congrats!!!

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - bjcheung77 - 04-10-2024

@ltw900rr, Awesome! Congrats! Great job getting this done and reviewing those classes!

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - RachelB - 04-11-2024

Congratulations!

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - ReyMysterioso - 04-11-2024

You know they give you a medallion for latin honors at graduation. You'll have to post a photo of it.

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - ltw900rr - 04-11-2024

(04-11-2024, 01:19 PM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: You know they give you a medallion for latin honors at graduation. You'll have to post a photo of it.
Won't you graduate this semester also?
Are you going to go to graduation?
I am north east of Houston, so it is not that far for me to drive up there.

RE: Finished.. Done! Can't wait for graduation!! - ReyMysterioso - 04-11-2024

(04-11-2024, 03:09 PM)ltw900rr Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 01:19 PM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: You know they give you a medallion for latin honors at graduation. You'll have to post a photo of it.
Won't you graduate this semester also?
Are you going to go to graduation?
I am north east of Houston, so it is not that far for me to drive up there.

I'm skipping it. I already have a degree and attended a graduation last year. My kids graduate high school the same week as TAMUC and my significant other will be starting AT TAMUC in the summer, so I don't have any interest in drawing attention away from them. I'll just get my diploma in the mail and quietly hang it up at work. May try to catch the Livestream.