Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Does conferment happen on graduation day? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Pierpont and other Associates Degrees (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Pierpont-and-other-Associates-Degrees)
+--- Thread: Does conferment happen on graduation day? (/Thread-Does-conferment-happen-on-graduation-day)

Pages: 1 2

Does conferment happen on graduation day? - 00u00u00 - 12-08-2023

Hey, I’ve had my degree audit done and everything seems to have gone smoothly. But my unofficial transcript still says pending and the “awarded” area is blank. It’s after hours so I cannot call Pierpont. But I am a little worried again that I may not have graduated despite the “reapply due to graduating” hold.

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - drewbug - 12-08-2023

Glad you posted, I'm in the same boat. Reviewing old posts I came across this:

(09-07-2023, 10:23 PM)DolceDolce Wrote: Friday, August 4th was graduation day, and my degree conferred on Monday, August 7th.  Both internally I could see it, and I received an e-mail from the Registrar letting me know as well on Monday.

Therefore I think we're going to be OK :)

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - mr_peanutbutter - 12-08-2023

If both of you are seeing the "Reapply due to graduation" hold, then you're locked in for Graduation. For me, it took around 2-3 days for everything to populate on my transcript. The BOG awarded was first, then the Area of Emphasis came in a few hours later.

Congratulations!

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - bjcheung77 - 12-08-2023

It's not instant, you need to make sure you've paid the new student fee, your emphasis was selected, all your transcripts were completed before graduation date and evaluated, you should have received an email from Lisa telling you that she's 'audited/graduated' you and it will go to the team to process the graduation (without further notification). If you hit all of these, you should expect this done within a week or two...

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - staceydiane - 12-12-2023

I just sent off for a transcript for them to send to Fairmont State (I applied to the RBA program) and I figured I'd send one to myself as well.

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - drewbug - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 02:55 PM)staceydiane Wrote: I just sent off for a transcript for them to send to Fairmont State (I applied to the RBA program) and I figured I'd send one to myself as well.

Lucky! Thanks for the data point. My unofficial transcript in ROAR still lists the degree as pending.

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - staceydiane - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 03:01 PM)drewbug Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 02:55 PM)staceydiane Wrote: I just sent off for a transcript for them to send to Fairmont State (I applied to the RBA program) and I figured I'd send one to myself as well.

Lucky! Thanks for the data point. My unofficial transcript in ROAR still lists the degree as pending.

I didn't even check in ROAR, lol...  I set the transcript to be emailed to me as soon as it's conferred.

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - drewbug - 12-12-2023

My unofficial transcript updated a few minutes ago:

Quote:DEGREES AWARDED

Awarded: AAS
Degree Date: Dec 08, 2023

Woooohooooo!

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - bjcheung77 - 12-13-2023

Hmm, I just looked, you're right, it does say the same thing for me as well! Woo-Hoo, we're both Pierpont BOG grads as of Dec 8, 2023! Congrats to those who made it this far and the ones who are coming in the next graduation dates in the near future! Now, just have to wait for the diploma to ship by snail mail...

RE: Does conferment happen on graduation day? - HoustonGuy - 12-13-2023

(12-12-2023, 07:20 PM)drewbug Wrote: My unofficial transcript updated a few minutes ago:

Quote:DEGREES AWARDED

Awarded: AAS
Degree Date: Dec 08, 2023

Woooohooooo!

My unofficial transcript hasn't updated yet...  Although degreeworks shows i'm 100% through, I applied for graduation months ago and paid the fee.  hmm.  

DEGREES AWARDED
Pending:
AAS
Degree Date: