Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Princeton University is now free... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Princeton University is now free... (/Thread-Princeton-University-is-now-free)

Princeton University is now free... - bjcheung77 - 09-10-2022

For those who make less than $100K, you need to read the fine print.  I think more Ivy League schools are going to drop their current household income from say $150K to a similar amount now once an Ivy League school starts a process such as this... Well, at least I hope others will follow, or provide some discounts for those who make less than a certain threshold.

Link: Princeton University is now free for families making under $100,000 (msn.com)

RE: Princeton University is now free... - Alpha - 09-11-2022

From the Harvard website
"We are pleased to announce that beginning in the 2022-2023 academic year, families with an annual income of up to 75K (up from 65K) will be expected to contribute nothing to the cost of their child's education."
Financial Aid | Harvard College

All you have to do is get in

RE: Princeton University is now free... - Alpha - 10-03-2022

Here's an update on Princeton
Princeton will enhance its groundbreaking financial aid program

RE: Princeton University is now free... - msa145 - 10-03-2022

Does this apply for international students as well?

RE: Princeton University is now free... - Alpha - 10-04-2022

(10-03-2022, 10:10 PM)msa145 Wrote: Does this apply for international students as well?

You'd have to speak to the university itself to be sure but my guess is that the answer is no

RE: Princeton University is now free... - bjcheung77 - 10-04-2022

(10-04-2022, 09:23 AM)Alpha Wrote:
(10-03-2022, 10:10 PM)msa145 Wrote: Does this apply for international students as well?

You'd have to speak to the university itself to be sure but my guess is that the answer is no

US Citizens or PR (Permanent Residents), the reason is they need to verify your employment info with the IRS. And anyone who actually has their details with the IRS can apply, that means asylum seekers/refugees, again, you'll have to verify. I highly doubt the IRS is going to have your international employment info unless you do international taxes and submit them, and those who do are either dual citizens or PR...

RE: Princeton University is now free... - midnite123 - 10-06-2022

Do you think this will apply to transfer students?

Does this also apply to strictly online courses?

It all sounds very interesting!!!

RE: Princeton University is now free... - carrythenothing - 10-06-2022

(10-06-2022, 01:17 AM)midnite123 Wrote: Do you think this will apply to transfer students?

Does this also apply to strictly online courses?

It all sounds very interesting!!!

You apply for financial aid each academic year, so I would imagine it also applies to transfer students. Princeton doesn't have any online degree programs.