Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: CLEP, DSST, and TECEP Exam Discussion. Also Modern States and InstantCert. (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-CLEP-DSST-and-TECEP-Exam-Discussion-Also-Modern-States-and-InstantCert)
+--- Thread: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP (/Thread-Talk-to-me-about-ACC-102-Managerial-Accounting-TECEP)

Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - rachel83az - 02-24-2022

I'm thinking about taking this TECEP but I don't see any reviews on it here. Has anyone taken it? How easy or difficult was it, if you have? I see you only need 60% on it. I just took the practice exam on SDC (different, I know, but...) and scored 70%, but I'm wondering if the actual exam is harder than what's on SDC.

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - Flelm - 02-24-2022

Sorry, I did take (and pass) the TECEP in the July 2020 term but I don't think I had much feedback on it. I went for it just after reviewing the practice tests and supplied materials, and did well enough to pass. Accounting is not my strong suit, and it was still enough.

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - rachel83az - 02-24-2022

That's great news. I've been putting off Managerial Accounting for a while because it's not my strong suit either. I've gone ahead and signed up for it. If nothing else, it extends my TESU enrollment, ha!

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - bjcheung77 - 02-24-2022

If you have enough RA credits, I would take the alternative credit route option instead.

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - rachel83az - 02-24-2022

I've got enough RA credit, sure, but it's also 60% to pass compared to SDC's 55%, so not that much different. I've got my own reasons for wanting to take a TECEP right now. It was either this or Liberal Arts Math and I didn't feel like doing Liberal Arts Math!

I don't feel like Accounting either, but at least that's one that I actually NEED. Wink

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - dfrecore - 02-28-2022

I have found that the lower the passing score needed, the harder the exam. That being said, I think Managerial Accounting was easier than Financial Accounting.

The Liberal Arts Math TECEP was SO easy! Basically Algebra 1 + consumer math.

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - rachel83az - 03-17-2022

So, I wasn't able to study as much as I would have liked. I took ACC-102 and it didn't seem that difficult, but I did fail by just a couple of questions. Oh well, I guess.

RE: Talk to me about ACC-102 Managerial Accounting TECEP - LevelUP - 03-17-2022

(03-17-2022, 10:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: So, I wasn't able to study as much as I would have liked. I took ACC-102 and it didn't seem that difficult, but I did fail by just a couple of questions. Oh well, I guess.

Well, at least you got your score right away. I had to wait like 2 weeks before I knew I failed the TECEP Network since it had essay questions.