Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? (/Thread-Prior-Learning-Assessment-for-Coopersmith-Courses)

Pages: 1 2

Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - badcookie - 03-15-2021

Hello All,                                                                                Today I spoke with an advisor who mentioned I would have to take PLA 200 in order to be able to complete the three Coopersmith courses I have pre planned. I’ve spoke to other advisors who never mentioned it. Is this accurate?

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - rachel83az - 03-15-2021

That's strange! Which Coopersmith courses?

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - badcookie - 03-15-2021

(03-15-2021, 02:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote: That's strange! Which Coopersmith courses?
Substance abuse
Stress management 
Family counseling

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - bjcheung77 - 03-15-2021

I usually don't call in and recommend emailing their academic advising team asking what these courses from Coopersmith Career Consulting will transfer in as. If they reply to your email and indicate those will come in, it'll show the equivalency it will come in as. If they don't come in, they'll say so as well. Email them that inquiry...

(03-15-2021, 03:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I usually don't call in and recommend emailing their academic advising team asking what these courses from Coopersmith Career Consulting will transfer in as.  If they reply to your email and indicate those will come in, it'll show the equivalency it will come in as.  If they don't come in, they'll say so as well.  Email them that inquiry...
Both substance abuse and family counseling are PSY and stress management comes up as SOC

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - bjcheung77 - 03-15-2021

So, they mentioned the courses will come in as UL Psychology and Sociology courses? Did they provide a corresponding number? If so, I would skip the PLA as there is no need to do a PLA for these courses, they transfer into TESU with whatever associated course number it came from the evaluation.

(03-15-2021, 03:26 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, they mentioned the courses will come in as UL Psychology and Sociology courses?  Did they provide a corresponding number?  If so, I would skip the PLA as there is no need to do a PLA for these courses, they transfer into TESU with whatever associated course number it came from the evaluation.
Yes all upper level. PSY 332 & PSY 348 & SOS 320

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - dfrecore - 03-15-2021

That advisor was just plain wrong. Those courses come in just fine straight from Coopersmith.

(03-15-2021, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: That advisor was just plain wrong.  Those courses come in just fine straight from Coopersmith.
Thank you!

RE: Prior Learning Assessment for Coopersmith Courses? - ss20ts - 03-15-2021

Why would someone need to do a PLA for a Coopersmith course at TESU? I'm soooo confused by this! So bizarre.