Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Principles of Management CLEP question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Principles of Management CLEP question (/Thread-Principles-of-Management-CLEP-question)

Principles of Management CLEP question - WendyR - 03-16-2008

I'm currently studying for this exam. I know the people (Henri Fayol, Peter Drucker, etc) and what theories they founded, but should I know more about these people than that? Should I do more in-depth study on the people (background, accomplishments in the business world) themselves or am I overthinking this?

Thanks!Smile

Principles of Management CLEP question - Epiphany - 03-16-2008

Hello Wendy,

There is a good topic on this in the exam specific feedback section of the website.

I took this exam two weeks ago. You don't need to go too deep into the important people. If you know the name and what they are famous for then you will do fine. If you haven't already, sign up for instantcert and go through the flashcards. They made preparing for this exam very fast and easy.The exam I took was primarily "what if..." or "if someone does this then..." type of questions. Very common sense type of stuff.

Principles of Management CLEP question - MrPickle - 03-17-2008

I feel that this Exam was a lot of what if questions. Very easy exam all you need is instant cert.

Principles of Management CLEP question - Inwe - 03-20-2008

I am planning on taking this one soon, and have read that you should take DSST Principles of Supervision at the same time. How much extra study should I plan on? Also is going through the IC cards for both and the Peterson's exams going to be enough?

Principles of Management CLEP question - ShotoJuku - 03-20-2008

Inwe Wrote:I am planning on taking this one soon, and have read that you should take DSST Principles of Supervision at the same time. How much extra study should I plan on? JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS, IF THAT MUCH. Also is going through the IC cards for both and the Peterson's exams going to be enough? I WOULD SAY YES.

GOOD LUCK!

Principles of Management CLEP question - bzptc0 - 03-20-2008

Supervision and Mgmt were almost the same tet. You don't really need much extra work. I took these, then took DSST Organizational Behavior. it was a good series to take together.

Principles of Management CLEP question - WendyR - 03-20-2008

Thanks for the input.

I took Principles of Supervision a few weeks back and am using the IC flashcards and the REA study guide for the Prin. of Management exam, so it sounds like I should be ok. I can see where there is a lot of overlap between these two exams. I'll take some practice tests to be sure though.

Principles of Management CLEP question - MissAmericanPie - 03-21-2008

I took this class B&M in December. It was not a difficult class AT ALL. A bit more conceptual but if you have any business sense or background at all, it was not a huge stockpile of new concepts or learning.

i know that doesn't help specifically with the test, but good luck anyway!

P.S. I did find that the people you mentioned were asked about more than others. Mintzberg was focused on a lot too in my class- dunno about the test though, but he is an important figure in organizational behavior and management- his theories were very formative.