Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU question (/Thread-TESU-question--33026)

TESU question - plasticbottle - 08-02-2019

If a person has more than 120 credits, will TESU put them all on their transcript? I know some colleges limit the amount of credits you can have total to 120.

RE: TESU question - Ideas - 08-02-2019

Yes.

Someone looking at the transcript won't even be able to know which were needed for the degree and which are extra.

RE: TESU question - davewill - 08-02-2019

Yes. This can be really useful for situations like qualifying for the CPA exam where you need extra credits in accounting, or prerequisites for grad school. You can simply take the extra credits via alternate means, and get them put on your TESU transcript. There are a couple things to be aware of, though. First, your state, employer or grad school has to be willing to accept the alternate credit for whatever purpose you intend it for. Secondly, you either need to be an enrolled student, or you have to pay for credit banking in order to transfer them in.

If you do the extra credits before you graduate, then no problem, just send them in. If you want to do them after you graduate, a trick you can use is to have a second degree (associate's or bachelor's) added to your account before you graduate. You will be under no obligation to actually work on or finish that degree. What it does is keep you enrolled past graduation day, letting you transfer more courses in as long as your enrollment stays active.

RE: TESU question - dfrecore - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 05:51 PM)davewill Wrote: If you want to do them after you graduate, a trick you can use is to have a second degree (associate's or bachelor's) added to your account before you graduate. You will be under no obligation to actually work on or finish that degree. What it does is keep you enrolled past graduation day, letting you transfer more courses in as long as your enrollment stays active.

That's smart, and I wish I would have known this trick before I graduated!  I'd be more willing to earn some credits now, I think.

RE: TESU question - jsd - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 09:34 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 05:51 PM)davewill Wrote: If you want to do them after you graduate, a trick you can use is to have a second degree (associate's or bachelor's) added to your account before you graduate. You will be under no obligation to actually work on or finish that degree. What it does is keep you enrolled past graduation day, letting you transfer more courses in as long as your enrollment stays active.

That's smart, and I wish I would have known this trick before I graduated!  I'd be more willing to earn some credits now, I think.

Same, and now I can't even re-apply because I already have a second Bachelors and TA wouldn't allow me to go for a third. And I don't if i apply for a Masters that i don't intend on starting that they would even bother bringing in my additional undergrad credits for transcript purposes.