Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
New England college online - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: New England college online (/Thread-New-England-college-online)

New England college online - Marylunde - 11-30-2018

Anybody take any online classes with them? If so, how were the classes set up?

RE: New England college online - MNomadic - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 03:51 PM)Marylunde Wrote: Anybody take any online classes with them?  If so, how were the classes set up?

I'm guessing the question you really mean is, "Are there proctored finals at this college?"

Your best bet is to contact them directly to find out. Especially since if someone here did have past experience with that college, it's not a guarantee that the classes you take would be set up the same way.

RE: New England college online - sanantone - 11-30-2018

Creating thread after thread asking if a school requires proctored exams is not an efficient way of finding a college to attend. You can either decide that college is not for you and learn a vocation, get over your fear of exams, or take the advice of everyone telling you to get diagnosed and ask for accommodations. Exams are nearly impossible to avoid at the undergraduate level.

RE: New England college online - ROYISAGIRL - 11-30-2018

Only thing I can add Is they are kinda expensive at 680 a credit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: New England college online - Marylunde - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 06:39 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Only thing I can add Is they are kinda expensive at 680 a credit

Yikes that is expensive! I have heard they are pretty good at accepting transfer credits, so that might help?? I have heard some good things about them though Smile

(11-30-2018, 06:39 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Only thing I can add Is they are kinda expensive at 680 a credit

Yikes that is expensive! I have heard they are pretty good at accepting transfer credits, so that might help?? I have heard some good things about them though Smile

New England college online - harrypotter - 11-30-2018

I’m graduating from New England in spring 2019. The courses have very little videos (which is pretty disappointing), about a 5-10 minute video at the beginning of each week in the course that just briefly cover lesson topics. Just about every course’s grade weighed very heavily (if not entirely) on written work instead of exams/quizzes (every course is laid out the same with 3 components: assignments, discussion posts -which are required in every course which total about a 2-3 pages in words a week & a final project.) Pretty simple & straight forward. You can also work ahead in any course since you’re able to view all discussion post/assignments/projects that are due in any of the 7 weeks. I’ve also never taken a proctored exam while I attended.

PS. I’ve taken over 35 credits at New England

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

Tuition for all online AA/BA degrees is $405/credit, online masters degrees range between $440-595/credit, & online doctorate degrees are $685/credit as shown on the website..

RE: New England college online - sanantone - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 08:50 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’m graduating from New England in spring 2019. The courses have very minimal videos (which is pretty disappointing), about a 5-10 minute video at the beginning of each week in the course that just briefly cover lesson topics. Just about every course’s grade weighed very heavily (if not entirely) on written work instead of exams/quizzes (assignments, discussion posts -which are required in every course, about a 2-3 pages in words a week & a final project.) Pretty simple & straight forward. You can also work ahead in any course since you’re able to view all discussion post/assignments/projects that are due in any of the 7 weeks. I’ve also never taken a proctored exam while I attended.

PS. I’ve take over 35 credits at New England

Tuition for all online AA/BA degrees is $405/credit, online masters degrees range between $440-595/credit, & online doctorate degrees are $685/credit as shown on the website..

Were your quizzes/exams timed?

(11-30-2018, 09:25 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 08:50 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I’m graduating from New England in spring 2019. The courses have very minimal videos (which is pretty disappointing), about a 5-10 minute video at the beginning of each week in the course that just briefly cover lesson topics. Just about every course’s grade weighed very heavily (if not entirely) on written work instead of exams/quizzes (assignments, discussion posts -which are required in every course, about a 2-3 pages in words a week & a final project.) Pretty simple & straight forward. You can also work ahead in any course since you’re able to view all discussion post/assignments/projects that are due in any of the 7 weeks. I’ve also never taken a proctored exam while I attended.

I honestly can’t remember since I believe I only had 1 or maybe 2 courses that had exams very early in the program but I want to say they were. I think I remember there being much more than enough time (maybe about 1-3 hours) to complete a simple open book quiz of maybe 20 questions in my intro to accounting course.

RE: New England college online - Marylunde - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 09:34 PM)harrypotter Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 09:25 PM)sanantone Wrote:

I honestly can’t remember since I believe I only had 1 or maybe 2 courses that had exams very early in the program but I want to say they were. I think I remember there being much more than enough time (maybe about 1-3 hours) to complete a simple open book quiz of maybe 20 questions in my intro to accounting course.

You take one course at a time right? Can I ask you what your major is?

You take one course at a time right? Can I ask you what your major is?
[/quote]

I’m getting a BA in Business Administration - General. You’re allowed to take up to 2 course per 7 week term (your first term you’re only allowed to enroll in 1, I think they have a policy where if they see you do well enough in your first term they’ll let you enroll in 2 courses all other terms - (i’m not to sure about this you should check). I wouldn’t suggest taking 2 courses at a time unless your time management skills are truly locked down otherwise taking one course a term is a breeze.