Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Sophia discount - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Sophia discount (/Thread-Sophia-discount)

Pages: 1 2

Sophia discount - SDO - 06-20-2018

Get 50% off each course when you register by July 31st and use promo code 'PHOENIXHALF' at checkout.  This code  is good on the University of Phoenix Sophia accounts.

RE: Sophia discount - alram - 06-20-2018

Thank you very much! I had just sent Sophia a message about new promo codes yesterday.

RE: Sophia discount - docmarvin - 06-20-2018

How does that work if I create a new account under the Sophia University of Phoenix portal? Will I be able to transfer my credit to TESU directly or I have to add this on my ACE first then transfer to TESU. The Ancient Greek Philosophers will come out to $74.50 for 3 credits. Yay!

RE: Sophia discount - MNomadic - 06-20-2018

You can transfer your credits from the different "sophia" sites to the same ACE transcript just fine.

RE: Sophia discount - docmarvin - 06-21-2018

Email from Sophia:

“We’re here to help you keep your degree on budget. Just use code GIFT4U at checkout to take $50 off your first course, and get started for just $79 using our payment plan. There's no risk — all our courses come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.”

RE: Sophia discount - homeschoolmom1 - 06-28-2018

Is is correct that "phoenixhalf" only works for students of the University of Phoenix?

RE: Sophia discount - MNomadic - 06-28-2018

You should be able to use it on the university of Phoenix Sophia site without being a student of UofPHX.

RE: Sophia discount - Merlin - 06-28-2018

(06-28-2018, 08:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You should be able to use it on the university of Phoenix Sophia site without being a student of UofPHX.

FYI, to get the University of Phoenix discount, you will probably have to log in via phoenix.sophia.org and have a UoP linked account.

If you already have an account with Sophia, it probably will not work with this discount. In that case, you will need to create a new account which will be tied to University of Phoenix. You can have multiple Sophia accounts, so that isn't an issue. They can all be tied to the same ACE record as long as all the other information is the same.

RE: Sophia discount - Tripletmom - 07-13-2018

(06-28-2018, 09:15 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 08:54 PM)MNomadic Wrote: You should be able to use it on the university of Phoenix Sophia site without being a student of UofPHX.

FYI, to get the University of Phoenix discount, you will probably have to log in via phoenix.sophia.org and have a UoP linked account.

If you already have an account with Sophia, it probably will not work with this discount. In that case, you will need to create a new account which will be tied to University of Phoenix. You can have multiple Sophia accounts, so that isn't an issue. They can all be tied to the same ACE record as long as all the other information is the same.

I have a regular account that I set-up some time ago that's not connected to TESU or UofPHX. I used the code GIFT4U yesterday and it took $50 off the course. After that, they sent me a $50 off coupon to enroll in another course.

RE: Sophia discount - MNomadic - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 01:05 PM)Tripletmom Wrote:
(06-28-2018, 09:15 PM)Merlin Wrote:

I have a regular account that I set-up some time ago that's not connected to TESU or UofPHX. I used the code GIFT4U yesterday and it took $50 off the course. After that, they sent me a $50 off coupon to enroll in another course.

I have a regular Sophia account and a phoenix.sophia account. I am not enrolled or registered at University of Phoenix nor have I ever even talked to them. On my phoenix.sophia account, I put a course in my checkout and applied the "Phoenixhalf" code and it took off half of the cost of the course($74.50 for the ancient Greek philosophy course). I didn't buy it since I don't need it. So it should work if someone were so inclined to try.