Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses (/Thread-Thomas-Edison-State-University-suspended-indefinitely-Shmoop-courses)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - mvk - 05-04-2018

Just got this email .  

I am contacting you today to let you know that the acceptance of Shmoop courses as transfer credit at Thomas Edison State University has been indefinitely suspended pending further review. 

We do not expect this change to affect you as we have no indication that you have taken or are planning to take Shmoop courses. 

If you have any questions about how this policy change may affect your program of study, please contact the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Services at (609) 777-5680 or enrolled@tesu.edu

Thank you,

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - jcasillas74 - 05-04-2018

Received it too. Well, there goes my plan to get a second bachelor's in English...

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - mvk - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 02:40 PM)jcasillas74 Wrote: Received it too. Well, there goes my plan to get a second bachelor's in English...

Yes ,  Lost my 6 credit . Just finished yesterday Sad 

Principle of Finance
Business communication

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - jsh1138 - 05-04-2018

I emailed shmoop asking for details, maybe it will be sorted out soon

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - Johmford - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 02:42 PM)mvk Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 02:40 PM)jcasillas74 Wrote: Received it too. Well, there goes my plan to get a second bachelor's in English...

Principle of Finance
Business communication
Send those credits in anyway! If they don't give you credit perhaps point out you completed them prior to the notification

Additional Shmoop courses documented as planned on your academic evaluation will also be honored but only if they were approved by an advisor prior to May 2, 2018. In order to have those approved transfer courses honored, we must receive your official ACE transcript with all approved courses listed as complete to Thomas Edison State University by May 30, 2018.

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - jcasillas74 - 05-04-2018

Principle of Finance
Business communication
Damn that sucks. I wonder why they made this decision?

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - allvia - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 02:44 PM)jjsafari Wrote:

Principle of Finance
Business communication
Send those credits in anyway! If they don't give you credit perhaps point out you completed them prior to the notification

Additional Shmoop courses documented as planned on your academic evaluation will also be honored but only if they were approved by an advisor prior to May 2, 2018. In order to have those approved transfer courses honored, we must receive your official ACE transcript with all approved courses listed as complete to Thomas Edison State University by May 30, 2018.

I agree get them on your ACE transcript and get them over ASAP to TESU.

(05-04-2018, 02:47 PM)allvia Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 02:44 PM)jjsafari Wrote:

Principle of Finance
Business communication

I agree get them on your ACE transcript and get them over ASAP to TESU.
Are there any alternatives to Shmoop for UL English credits?

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - FlyBoyEJ - 05-04-2018

Well, there goes the core of my planned BA in English. Crap. I wonder why, and if they will ever bring it back? I'm going to need core English credits from another source now. This will significantly up the cost of my planned degree. Oh how I wish I could have dug deep and taken all my Shmoop course already, and could now quick transfer them in... I had my degree evaluation completely approved.

RE: Thomas Edison State University suspended indefinitely Shmoop courses - Ideas - 05-04-2018

(05-04-2018, 02:50 PM)FlyBoyEJ Wrote: Well, there goes the core of my planned BA in English. Crap. I wonder why, and if they will ever bring it back? I'm going to need core English credits from another source now. This will significantly up the cost of my planned degree. Oh how I wish I could have dug deep and taken all my Shmoop course already, and could now quick transfer them in... I had my degree evaluation completely approved.

If you discussed the Shmoop courses with an advisor before May 2nd, you can probably still do them, if you send an ACE transcript with them before May 30th.