Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Business Communication - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Business Communication (/Thread-Business-Communication)

Pages: 1 2

Business Communication - mccatm - 08-05-2017

Hi,

I need to take Buisness Communication. Which is easiest?
Straighterline
TECEP
Saylor

Thanks!

RE: Business Communication - mccatm - 09-01-2017

Anyone have any good recommendations?

RE: Business Communication - bjcheung77 - 09-01-2017

I took it through Straighterline. Finished it relatively easily...

You might want to provide us what courses you require for your BSBA Accounting and we'll give you the rest of the recommendations, instead of one course at a time...

RE: Business Communication - ECH90 - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 01:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I took it through Straighterline.  Finished it relatively easily...

You might want to provide us what courses you require for your BSBA Accounting and we'll give you the rest of the recommendations, instead of one course at a time...

I have a question for you bjcheung77 about straighterline in general... Do I read everything? just purchased my first classes through them and  feel like a deer in the headlights!!! Idk where to start!!!!! My goal is just to pass and quick!! but it honestly seems like so much work?

It's actually very simple, for Straighterline, they only require you do complete exams/midterm/finals for most courses, some have assignments where you type your report. You only need to work on items that will be graded, skip all the homework/videos/links as all you need is within the textbook. The exams (except for some proctored finals) are all open book!

So, that means, skip the homework, skip any unmarked assignments, concentrate on reading (in my case, skimming chapters) and doing the quiz/exams for them with the open textbook. When it comes time for the midterms/other exams and finals, review the course material you have just completed (skimming the textbook and reviewing your previous exams in the course).

(09-01-2017, 02:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It's actually very simple, for Straighterline, they only require you do complete exams/midterm/finals for most courses, some have assignments where you type your report.  You only need to work on items that will be graded, skip all the homework/videos/links as all you need is within the textbook.  The exams (except for some proctored finals) are all open book!  

So, that means, skip the homework, skip any unmarked assignments, concentrate on reading (in my case, skimming chapters) and doing the quiz/exams for them with the open textbook.  When it comes time for the midterms/other exams and finals, review the course material you have just completed (skimming the textbook and reviewing your previous exams in the course).
Thank-you that is super helpful I will actually read the chapters then!!! oyvae off to read and pray for more coupon codes!!!!!!

RE: Business Communication - Gymfan15 - 09-01-2017

I did Study.com and I thought it was pretty easy. I sort of half-assed the papers and ended up getting a "meh" score on those BUT I scored high enough on the exam that it didn't matter. I could have definitely fixed the essays to get a higher grade but not much of a point after I already passed.

Yeah, it's a toss up between SL and Study.com, but both of them have 3 assignments... so... take SL!
You don't really need to read the text and you get to pass the course before you hit the final.
Just do the assignments last, that's what I did, I did every exam in 3 days with the open book, did the final after the 3 days.
Then spent a day doing the 3 assignments. Total took about 3 days.

RE: Business Communication - dfrecore - 09-01-2017

(08-05-2017, 08:23 AM)mccatm Wrote: Hi,

I need to take Buisness Communication. Which is easiest?
Straighterline
TECEP
Saylor

Thanks!

There is no way someone can answer this, because no one takes the same course through 3 different course providers.  All you can do is hear from people whether the one they took was relatively easy to them.

Dose Saylors course Duplicate Davars?