Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity (/Thread-TESU-Civic-Engagement-and-Diversity)

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - Ideas - 04-29-2017

If I take Saylor Intro to Comparative Politics, can it fill my Diversity (3) and Civic Engagement (3) credits? I know I would need 3 more cr of electives.

Would CLEP American Government satisfy both?

Thanks!

Edit: CLEP AG seems like it will be hard for me.

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - dfrecore - 04-29-2017

TESU never lets a course fulfill 2 requirements ("double-dipping"). So while Comparative Politics will fulfill both areas, you can only use it in 1. Am Govt only fulfills Civic Engagement. If you want to take both, which might have a lot of overlap, you could easily do that.

You can take Comp Pol as a Saylor course/exam, and American Govt via SL or Study.com if you don't want to do the CLEP.

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - High_Order1 - 04-30-2017

I'm in the same boat.

I need to find something simple to knock out both of those blocks myself

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - swalke321 - 04-30-2017

Depending on your background/interests Intro to Sociology is considered easy for the diversity requirement. Cultural Anthropology SL might work as well for the diversity requirement.

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - rlw74 - 04-30-2017

I took Intro to Soc on study.com and it was pretty short and easy.

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - Ideas - 04-30-2017

I am trying to go really cheap. Saylor if possible. (I want to use most of my free study.com exams for Biology AoS.)

I'm thinking Saylor Environmental Ethics and Saylor Comparative Politics are the optimum for me. (Saylor has Intro Sociology but it's only recommended for 1 credit!)

Edit: I'm pretty sure Environmental Ethics won't work Sad

To summarize what others have said:
American Govt CLEP
American Govt via SL or Study.com
Intro to Soc on study.com
Cultural Anthropology SL might work

TESU Civic Engagement and Diversity - dfrecore - 05-01-2017

Ideas Wrote:I am trying to go really cheap. Saylor if possible. (I want to use most of my free study.com exams for Biology AoS.)

I'm thinking Saylor Environmental Ethics and Saylor Comparative Politics are the optimum for me. (Saylor has Intro Sociology but it's only recommended for 1 credit!)

Edit: I'm pretty sure Environmental Ethics won't work Sad

To summarize what others have said:
American Govt CLEP
American Govt via SL or Study.com
Intro to Soc on study.com
Cultural Anthropology SL might work

I was not saying this at all. You asked a specific question, and I gave a specific answer. If you're asking what all the options are for Diversity, and all of the options are for Civic Engagement, then that's a totally different question.

And no, an ethics course will not fulfill either of those areas.