Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Saylor Strategic Information Technology and MIS Duplicate at TESU? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Saylor Strategic Information Technology and MIS Duplicate at TESU? (/Thread-Saylor-Strategic-Information-Technology-and-MIS-Duplicate-at-TESU)

Saylor Strategic Information Technology and MIS Duplicate at TESU? - sanantone - 02-24-2017

I asked about Strategic Information Technology and was told that it would transfer in as MIS which I already have from a DSST. I guess that means students shouldn't take Strategic Information Technology and Management Information Systems from Saylor.

Someone said that Study.com's Digital Marketing could be used in the CIS specialization. Has anyone confirmed this or was this an assumption?

Saylor Strategic Information Technology and MIS Duplicate at TESU? - dfrecore - 02-24-2017

sanantone Wrote:I asked about Strategic Information Technology and was told that it would transfer in as MIS which I already have from a DSST. I guess that means students shouldn't take Strategic Information Technology and Management Information Systems from Saylor.

Someone said that Study.com's Digital Marketing could be used in the CIS specialization. Has anyone confirmed this or was this an assumption?

It was confirmed, comes in as MAR-441, but will work in CIS AOS.

Saylor Strategic Information Technology and MIS Duplicate at TESU? - KayV - 02-24-2017

yb1 posted this a while back:

Computer Inf Sys (18SH: 12SH must be upper level) (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
SH Earned: 19 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 Complete all 3 subrequirements:

A: Programming 3 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better

For TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
4 ITS320EX Basic Programming 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) COS-111
*PL *PTE
B: Systs Analy/Dsgn 3SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better

For TESU course options, go to CIS-320 Systems Analysis and Design I
4 MIS350EX Info Sys Analysis and Design 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) CIS-320
*PL *PTE
C: CIS Electives 12 SH (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better

Within the Electives, 3 semester hours may be additional programming language credits.

For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor < /a> **At least 12 semester hours within the entire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.

SH Earned: 13
Group 1 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 COS-213 C++ Programming 02/02/22 --- ( 4.00) COS-213
*PL *PTE
Group 2 (Complete)
1 MAR-441 Mrktng Digital & Social Media 11/17/16 CR 3.00 MAR-441
*NE
Group 3 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 CIS-301 Mgt Information Systems 02/02/22 --- ( 3.00) CIS-301
*PL *PTE
Group 4 (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
5 CIS-344 Cyber Security

Interesting! They accepted Marketing Digital from Study.com as a CIS Elective awesome! Upper level as well