Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? (/Thread-Any-luck-w-ANY-college-accepting-courses-that-aren-t-within-ACE-Eval-Period)

Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? - bees.in.fl - 05-24-2016

I took the U.S. Navy Aviation Safety Office course from JAN - FEB 2010.

The school had just moved from Naval Postgraduate School (a regionally accredited institution) in Monterey, California to U.S. Naval Air Station Pensacola Schools Command (NOT regionally accredited) when I attended, and hadn't been evaluated by ACE since the move (it was in progress as I was attending).

Since I attended, it has received it's final evaluation from ACE, but for period NOVEMBER 2011 through present: ACE | Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services

Has anyone had any luck with a college accepting a course outside of an ACE evaluation period? I figured if anyone had success, it would be someone on here. Smile

Bottom line is, I'd love to have the Graduate Credits appear on a transcript - for employment opportunities. My advisor at Excelsior has already told me they don't award credits if ACE, OR Excelsior, hasn't evaluated it. I do have a contact at TESU, but wanted to get your opinions before I hit her up.

Thanks!

Brad

Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? - bjcheung77 - 05-24-2016

bees.in.fl Wrote:I took the U.S. Navy Aviation Safety Office course from JAN - FEB 2010.

The school had just moved from Naval Postgraduate School (a regionally accredited institution) in Monterey, California to U.S. Naval Air Station Pensacola Schools Command (NOT regionally accredited) when I attended, and hadn't been evaluated by ACE since the move (it was in progress as I was attending).

Since I attended, it has received it's final evaluation from ACE, but for period NOVEMBER 2011 through present: ACE | Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services

Has anyone had any luck with a college accepting a course outside of an ACE evaluation period? I figured if anyone had success, it would be someone on here. Smile

Bottom line is, I'd love to have the Graduate Credits appear on a transcript - for employment opportunities. My advisor at Excelsior has already told me they don't award credits if ACE, OR Excelsior, hasn't evaluated it. I do have a contact at TESU, but wanted to get your opinions before I hit her up.

Thanks!

Brad

I think you're out of luck on this one... Right off the bat, the only thing I can think of is to get PLA Evaluation Credit for it.
I'm not sure where you're taking your evaluated courses and transferring it to, but if it's TESU, they are $379/first 12 credits.
If you any more evaluations done for extra credit, it's $250/6 additional credits.
If you're at COSC, it's $400/course, yes... you read that right, it's $400/course.
I would get in touch with your contact at TESU just to be on the safe side, they may have other alternatives.

Any luck w/ ANY college accepting courses that aren't within ACE Eval Period? - cookderosa - 05-24-2016

I'm going to agree that you'll have to find a way to PLA this credit. Case in point - my AOS degree was earned while The Culinary Institute of America was NA. After I graduated, it became RA, but during *my* time of attendance, it was NA. All of the big 3 and University of Phoenix denied my credits.