Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates (/Thread-Can-you-help-me-with-a-plan-to-get-my-Associates)

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - Lifewillbegood - 05-16-2016

Hi everyone,

I been looking around and searching on this forum and even was given a lot of information. However I can’t seem to get started on a plan.
I want to complete my associates’ degree this year or at least by early next year. I have a few college credits, not a lot so let’s not really focus on those. Let’s act like I am starting brand new as a high school graduate. I want to receive my associates in business or something similar to business.
Where do I get started? Which test do I need to study and take?
How can I come up with a timeline on what exact courses I need to take to clep my way to my degree?
I am interested in any testing methods I can use.

Also I know I need to apply to a school such as the big 3, when do I do this after I received all my credits I need?

Is there a cheat sheet that can show me a road map to completing an associate’s degree in business?
Is a business degree the quickest degree to get? I have a good job already, I just need a degree to help me future advance in my career.

I was looking into this degree but I am not sure which tests I should be studying for...
http://www.tesu.edu/business/asba/index.cfm

Thanks in advance for any advance given

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - alzee - 05-16-2016

I just updated my own degree plan, you can view it here: Alzee's TESC degree plan for ASBA - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia

It'll be a bit different for you -- you'll need to take the cornerstone which is a new requirement starting in about two weeks, but otherwise it may be a good starting point for you. It's heavily biased towards StraighterLine courses, as my signature indicates.

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - Lifewillbegood - 05-16-2016

alzee Wrote:I just updated my own degree plan, you can view it here: Alzee's TESC degree plan for ASBA - Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia

It'll be a bit different for you -- you'll need to take the cornerstone which is a new requirement starting in about two weeks, but otherwise it may be a good starting point for you. It's heavily biased towards StraighterLine courses, as my signature indicates.

Thank you for all of the information.

I made my decision to go with TESC and to go with the Associates of Art degree. I see I can take all the required courses with Straighterline, my question is are there any free courses I can take to meet the requirement?

Lifewillbegood Wrote:Thank you for all of the information.

I made my decision to go with TESC and to go with the Associates of Art degree. I see I can take all the required courses with Straighterline, my question is are there any free courses I can take to meet the requirement?

There are many free courses out there, however, the exams are NOT free. For me, keeping up a fast pace has kept it at about the same cost as using free resources to study and taking CLEPs or TECEPs -- but with greater peace of mind.

Make sure you adjust the plan to suit you -- I am going after an A.S. (ASBA), not an A.A., the requirements are a little different. You certainly won't need all the mind-numbing accounting courses.

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - dfrecore - 05-16-2016

You can take 2 free courses for the ASBA - there is really not much place to fit the others. Insurance Ethics will work, as will Kaplan PLA (in free electives).

You can also take as many Saylor courses as possible, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Business Law, any science course, The 2 polisci courses, and then either Environmental Ethics or either of the Econ courses.

You can take ALEKS math, you need College Algebra for the BSBA, so I recommend taking Intermediate Algebra and then College Algebra. While you're at it, continue on with Precalc if you're doing well. And you need Stats for the BSBA, so it won't hurt to take that as well if you're in math mode.

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - jsd - 05-16-2016

dfrecore Wrote:as will Kaplan PLA (in free electives).

Unless you already finished the Kaplan PLA course prior to 4/30, this will not be accepted. It's ACE approval has expired.

Can you help me with a plan to get my Associates - KayV - 05-16-2016

I think the maximum number of credits you can have from one source is 45 for an associates degree, so be sure to use CLEP/ TECEP/ DSST/ TEEX etc. for 15 hours. CLEP English Composition (6), CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature(6), and ALEKS College Algebra (3) would take care of it, for example.

KayV Wrote:I think the maximum number of credits you can have from one source is 45 for an associates degree

That is true, and a good point to mention.