Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College (/Thread-Had-to-drop-out-of-Edmonds-Community-College)

Pages: 1 2 3

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - sanantone - 08-27-2015

Because I'm about to enter the dissertation phase of my PhD program and don't have to attend any more classes, I have accepted a full-time position with a law enforcement agency. Unfortunately, this means I won't have time for EdCC's Web Development program. Even though it's supposed to be self-paced, you can't really go as slow as you want. I'm hoping that the 10 credits I've earned will fulfill the programming requirement for TESC's BSBA in CIS. I might return to EdCC for the programs I originally wanted to enroll in, Intro to Network Security or Ethical Hacking, but I would have to earn the prerequisite certifications.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - videogamesrock - 08-27-2015

Best of luck to you on all endeavors.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - topdog98 - 08-27-2015

Congratulations on the new job. I hope it all works out well for you.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - sanantone - 08-27-2015

videogamesrock Wrote:Best of luck to you on all endeavors.

topdog98 Wrote:Congratulations on the new job. I hope it all works out well for you.

Thank you.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - AngelaP - 08-27-2015

Congratulations on the job, I'm sure you won't let a little thing like that get in the way of your education! :willynilly: What will you be doing with the law enforcement agency? The Ethical Hacking sounds very interesting.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - Lindagerr - 08-27-2015

Congrats on the job. With an associates, 2 bachelors a masters and a PhD does the EdCC course really matter? Obviously it didn't hurt your job prospects. Or have you just become an education junkie?:eek:

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - LaterBloomer - 08-28-2015

Great news about the new job.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - sanantone - 08-28-2015

AngelaP Wrote:Congratulations on the job, I'm sure you won't let a little thing like that get in the way of your education! :willynilly: What will you be doing with the law enforcement agency? The Ethical Hacking sounds very interesting.

Thanks. I'll be in corrections until the police academy starts. After graduating, I'll be a patrol officer.

Lindagerr Wrote:Congrats on the job. With an associates, 2 bachelors a masters and a PhD does the EdCC course really matter? Obviously it didn't hurt your job prospects. Or have you just become an education junkie?:eek:

Thanks. I don't have two bachelor's yet, but the EdCC program was more for personal fulfillment because it was cheap. I also wanted to have the skills to teach cybersecurity courses since criminal justice programs are adding them, yet they rarely have anyone who can teach them.

LaterBloomer Wrote:Great news about the new job.

Thank you.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - Devanna - 08-28-2015

Congrats and good luck.

Had to drop out of Edmonds Community College - sanantone - 08-28-2015

Devanna Wrote:Congrats and good luck.

Thank you.