Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! (/Thread-Finally-it-s-my-turn-I-M-DONE)

Pages: 1 2 3

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - Kaz - 08-21-2015

Today is my conferral date with Excelsior, double-major BA Mathematics/Psychology. This has taken soooooooooo many years lol! I don't have any more upcoming classes or tests and it's freaking me out :willynilly: I am indebted to this forum and the many forumites over the years that I have learned from, most of all alissaroot who probably won't see this but thank you! She helped me tackle the subject GRE for psychology which single-handedly salvaged my graduation (and gave me the entire psych major). I learned about The Big Three here, and frankly it is one of the most important things that has happened to me in my adult life. I talk to anyone who can stomach listening to me about these awesome alternatives to default college life. There are many people out there that think they can't finish their degree because of time, money, just life in general. I was one of them. Then I found this place Smile I nudge, badger, and cajole everyone who thinks they can't do it to check this forum out and read what you all post here. This place is a life changer.

I'm going to be sticking around here for a long time. Frankly, I enjoy learning about the intricacies of different degree options from different schools so much, and planning optimal or novel plans for them, that ultimately I might wind up becoming some sort of guidance counselor or academic adviser down the road lol. Besides, now that I have finished an Excelsior degree, knocking out a TESC degree a few years from now is looking mighty tasty Wink Thank you all again!!

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - mednat - 08-21-2015

Congratulations! With your psych major and knowledge of academic policies and planning I have no doubt you'd make an awesome guidance counselor if you choose to take that route!

What are you looking to complete at TESC?

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - GoodYellowDogs - 08-21-2015

Woohoo! Double major including math - the nemesis of so many of us! Smile

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - sweetcrabhoney - 08-21-2015

Congrats you earned it. Smile

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - topdog98 - 08-21-2015

Congratulations!!!!!!

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - alouettes - 08-21-2015

Congratulations! That's great news. I think this forum is great especially in getting inspiration from folks like yourself. Well done! - Dan

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - cstock - 08-21-2015

Congratulation's! Wow double major. Good luck with the future!

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - alleycat - 08-21-2015

Congrats! Job well done! What degree at TESC are you looking at?

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - Kaz - 08-21-2015

mednat Wrote:Congratulations! With your psych major and knowledge of academic policies and planning I have no doubt you'd make an awesome guidance counselor if you choose to take that route!

What are you looking to complete at TESC?

I see myself doing a BSBA at TESC down the road. One of the things I am seriously considering doing with my math degree is trying to become an actuary. That will require additional education as I don't have any finance or statistics credits (yeah, BA in math and I've never taken any stats lol). Another option is programming/I.T., but while I have some I.T. on my resume and some industry certs I have zero programming/software development.

TESC's BSBA has Finance and CIS options which fit with my possibilities. But I have never taken a CLEP, DSST, TECEP, etc. and will already have a bachelor's, so completing the full BSBA will only require about 20 tests or so. I've been doing TECEP and CLEP practice tests this summer so far and I could pass about a third of the tests right now. Couple that with whatever post-bacc stuff I'll have to take in order to show the finance or computer credentials and I figure I would be halfway done with a BSBA anyway, so might as well knock it out! Over the last few years my daily job has mutated away from technical I.T. stuff and towards pure management anyway, so if I continue down this path having a business admin/management degree would make sense. I also grew up and work in NJ so having a TESC can be a slight boost to the resume from familiarity. I run into plenty of people who know about TESC and very few who have heard about Excelsior.

Plus I want to lol Big Grin I feel "weird" having been on this forum for years and never having taken any CLEPs, DSSTs, etc. I can't justify dropping a hundred bucks on a test for the heck of it, but a year or two from now as part of a degree plan? Sure.

Finally, it's my turn... I'M DONE!!! - JTP - 08-21-2015

cheersmate Congrats!

One of most exhilarating feelings for me is to physically cross a degree requirement off of my now quite tattered original degree audit. I can only imagine the sensation when you cross the final one off and know you are finally done.