Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Procedure for signing up for a DSST test (/Thread-Procedure-for-signing-up-for-a-DSST-test)

Pages: 1 2

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - Irisheyes234 - 07-08-2015

Hi everyone, I searched for details on the procedure for signing up to take a DSST test but didn't find anything that details the steps. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to detail the steps I need to take, I have located a local testing center but was wondering if I pay DSST online like I do for CLEPs or some other procedure your help is appreciated

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - mednat - 07-08-2015

Basically you schedule an appointment with your testing center, then at the center you pay for the DSST on the testing center computer and select the one you wish to take.

I would note if you plan on taking more than one test in a sitting, contact the testing center. Mine allowed me to do it, but weren't very happy about it (they mostly wanted to make sure they could leave on time, i assured them i'd be REALLY quick).

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - SuZQ2 - 07-08-2015

If you want, you can actually set up your DSST account at home prior to testing - this saves time on test day.

Go to DSST | Get College Credit

Upper right hand corner is "test taker log in" - Click that
Scroll down this next page and Click on "First time registration"
Fill out the form

Be sure to remember your password on test day so you can get back into your account (I blanked out on test day - proctor was NOT happy! :ackSmile.

As mednat stated, you choose your exam and pay with a credit card on the test center computer you'll be using to take your exam...

Hope this helps! Confusedeeya:

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - wombat777 - 07-08-2015

You need to know your SSN. If you don't have it memorized, bring it with you.

When my son took his first DSST, he didn't know it. The testing center said just use 123456789. So he did, but it caused nothing but trouble down the road. It took MANY phone calls and written letters to get it straightened out.

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - JTP - 07-08-2015

Very convenient thread for me. I am taking my first DSST exam tomorrow morning. I called the testing center last week to schedule, but hadn't thought about creating an account beforehand to save time.

Hopefully tomorrow around lunch time I'll be able to echo what everyone else said, and be able to say I passed.

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - JTP - 07-09-2015

Well the process wasn't quite as smooth as I had hoped, but that could be related to my testing center. I took the test on an Air Force Base and 99% of the students they serve are active duty military and have a different process I guess. Anyway the lady seemed upset that I created my account before I came and said it wouldn't work and I had to do it there at the computer within the secure network browser. I tried to use my old account but she stopped me and informed me that she does this as her full time job and she knows how it works. Which I'm easy going, so I created another account, but didn't know COSC's DSST code so I had to wait till she finished setting all of the other students up, 14 of them, and then walked to the front of the room and grabbed a binder and brought it to my desk and told me to look it up. After that it was smooth sailing.

Still happy with my experience, I passed Fundamentals of Cybersecurity and saved $10 because there was a promo code listed on the DSST website.Smile

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - Irisheyes234 - 07-09-2015

SuZQ2 Wrote:If you want, you can actually set up your DSST account at home prior to testing - this saves time on test day.

Go to DSST | Get College Credit

Upper right hand corner is "test taker log in" - Click that
Scroll down this next page and Click on "First time registration"
Fill out the form

Be sure to remember your password on test day so you can get back into your account (I blanked out on test day - proctor was NOT happy! :ackSmile.

As mednat stated, you choose your exam and pay with a credit card on the test center computer you'll be using to take your exam...

Hope this helps! Confusedeeya:

Thanks that worked well, I called the center $20 fee to them and use a credit card online. With the current discount do you apply that when you get to the center too?

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - Life Long Learning - 07-09-2015

Does it tell you right then if you passed or failed at the end of the test?

JTP Wrote:Well the process wasn't quite as smooth as I had hoped, but that could be related to my testing center. I took the test on an Air Force Base and 99% of the students they serve are active duty military and have a different process I guess. Anyway the lady seemed upset that I created my account before I came and said it wouldn't work and I had to do it there at the computer within the secure network browser. I tried to use my old account but she stopped me and informed me that she does this as her full time job and she knows how it works. Which I'm easy going, so I created another account, but didn't know COSC's DSST code so I had to wait till she finished setting all of the other students up, 14 of them, and then walked to the front of the room and grabbed a binder and brought it to my desk and told me to look it up. After that it was smooth sailing.

Still happy with my experience, I passed Fundamentals of Cybersecurity and saved $10 because there was a promo code listed on the DSST website.Smile

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - JTP - 07-09-2015

Yea at the end it lists the passing score and then your score.

Procedure for signing up for a DSST test - ajs1976 - 07-09-2015

JTP Wrote:Well the process wasn't quite as smooth as I had hoped, but that could be related to my testing center. I took the test on an Air Force Base and 99% of the students they serve are active duty military and have a different process I guess. Anyway the lady seemed upset that I created my account before I came and said it wouldn't work and I had to do it there at the computer within the secure network browser.

Similar thing happened when I took my DSST at a local Strayer location.