Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Fast English Composition Course - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Fast English Composition Course (/Thread-Fast-English-Composition-Course)

Pages: 1 2

Fast English Composition Course - humboldtjake - 08-21-2013

Hi,

Is there a RA English composition course that I can complete in a couple of days? Straighterline is out of the question, my school wouldn't accept ENG 100 from them.

-Jacob

Fast English Composition Course - publius2k4 - 08-21-2013

It's gonna be EXTREMELY difficult to complete an English Composition course in that length of time because of the fact that most English Composition courses require portions of the course to be graded by human hands rather than electronically.

Fast English Composition Course - clep3705 - 08-21-2013

Adams State College in Colorado can move pretty fast, but not that fast.

Fast English Composition Course - Jonathan Whatley - 08-21-2013

Jake, you asked for a a self-paced English comp course in March and "the easiest and quickest regionally accredited English class I can find… in a week, if possible in June. We gave several suggestions.

You're not going to have credits in hand for an RA course in English comp a few days or in a week. But you'll never earn any credits in the subject if you set unachievable requirements for the course.

Try not to sweat the time frame. Just start moving.

Fast English Composition Course - armyb77 - 08-21-2013

I don't know if you can complete the course in a week or not but Patten University (On Campus and Online Liberal Arts Degree Programs | Patten University) is self-paced and regionally accredited. I would contact them and see if they will work for your requirements. I've done the math though and if you had started when you first asked this question you could have had the course completed by now without the "week" or "couple of days" timeline. Many of us don't like to complete certain courses (Math, English, Sciences) but trying to find an easy way out is usually more difficult than just taking the course and moving forward.

Fast English Composition Course - humboldtjake - 08-21-2013

Appreciate the advice on the class. I don't really need the time management advice. My school is strict about credits, hence all the questions. When I said a class to finish quickly, I mean't something along the lines of Straighterline. Sorry, if that wasn't clear.

Fast English Composition Course - Jonathan Whatley - 08-21-2013

Have you looked at the TECEP exam ENC-101-TE English Composition I, and if you needed it ENC-102-TE English Composition II? These are exams rather than instructed courses. They're entirely performance-based, paper and pencil. Unlike the CLEP there are no multiple-choice questions: You get prompts and you write. You're encouraged to bring a writing handbook, and a dictionary or an electronic spelling aid.

For distance learning courses that are relatively self-paced, see also IrishJohn's, rebel's, and UptonSinclair's suggestions for FilMor here.

Fast English Composition Course - humboldtjake - 08-22-2013

Did CLEP and DSST stop administering a College Composition test? On the TECEP exam, does it just show up as an RA course on TESC transcript?

Nevermind, I found the answer. Thanks Jonathan! Also they can be proctored online by ProctorU!

Fast English Composition Course - cooperalex2004 - 08-22-2013

Sounds like you already have the answer but I wanted to pass along what a TECEP looks like on the transcript. If you attend TESC then your final transcript (not the evaluation but the transcript that comes with your diploma) will have the TECEP under "Institutional Credits" and show the month taken, the course code, exam title, and the grade CR. CLEP, DSST, ACE credits, and transfer credits all show up in other sections titled "Transfer Credits" or "Assessment Credits".

humboldtjake Wrote:Did CLEP and DSST stop administering a College Composition test? On the TECEP exam, does it just show up as an RA course on TESC transcript?

Nevermind, I found the answer. Thanks Jonathan!

Fast English Composition Course - humboldtjake - 08-23-2013

So essentially its listed as a TESC course rather than a test?