Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
ALEKS calculator missing buttons - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: ALEKS calculator missing buttons (/Thread-ALEKS-calculator-missing-buttons)

Pages: 1 2

ALEKS calculator missing buttons - sklineho - 08-17-2013

Has anyone run into this? The button for P(B._,_) keeps vanishing on mine right in the middle of assessments where it is needed. (This is assuming the stupid calculator works at all). Is there an online calculator with these functions that can be used? This is getting very frustrating and I'm about at my wit's end with ALEKS. This is turning into the biggest waste of time I've ever done. I'm at 68% and can't get any further and this is due in large part to their shoddy software.

ALEKS calculator missing buttons - Lindagerr - 08-17-2013

I did 3 courses with ALEKS never had that problem.Are you using Internet explorer? I have found that Firfox or chrome work better on some of that stuff. I think I also used a handheld calculater to make ALEKS easier for me to navigate

Still isn't appearing even in Chrome. It only vanishes on certain problems and it's just the P(B) button. Is there any other online calculator that has this function? I've yet to find any.

I was a huge fan of ALEKS but this sort of thing is causing me to change that view. I'm as furious as I've ever been right now.

ALEKS calculator missing buttons - NAP - 08-17-2013

Could it be a compatibility issue with the new Internet Explorer 10? If so, try F12 and Alt+9, (then F12 again) to see if switching back to Internet Explorer 9 standards helps. When you close the tab/browser, it will go back to normal. I've had to use this for several websites.

None of that helped either. It's just the one button. Is thee another calculator that does the function? That should get me by.

Can you do anything with these?

Probability Calculator

Bayes' Theorem: Conditional Probabilities

Free Event Probability Calculator Online | Calculator@TutorVista.com

Wolfram|Alpha Mobile—Computational Knowledge Engine

Yes those are very helpful.

Well they would be but in a fit of rage/stubbornness I tried one more assessment and somehow hit 70%!

So that takes care of that. Thanks a million for the advice though. As an aside, how long does it usually take ACE to get your credits from ALEKS? (I just added the transcript request on ACE).

Congratulations!!!

On a weeknight, it seemed really fast, like 1-2 hours to transfer to ACE.

ALEKS calculator missing buttons - Lindagerr - 08-17-2013

The longest I ever had to wait was about 48 hours on a weekend. Congrats on finishing it.

ALEKS calculator missing buttons - Daithi - 08-17-2013

Congrats on the pass. The longest it ever took me was 3 days on a holiday weekend. The shortest was a couple hours, also on a weekend, so no idea why some take a while and some don't.