Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
What order should I take these tests? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What order should I take these tests? (/Thread-What-order-should-I-take-these-tests)

What order should I take these tests? - merolpn - 09-12-2012

I am trying to figure out the best order to knock out my next several exams.

I will need both Macro & Microeconomics CLEPs, The Principles of Finance DSST & the Money and Banking DSST.

I want to study in an order that will/may overlap to shorten the time. These tests seem to have similar/overlapping concepts.

Anyone study for and take any of these together? If so what order or what order would you do it if you did it again?

Thanks
Paul

What order should I take these tests? - Publius - 09-12-2012

I'd take them in the order you listed, Macro, Micro, Finance, and finally Money and Banking.

What order should I take these tests? - Ubuntu_user - 09-12-2012

If I were going to take those all back to back, I'd take them in this order: Micro, Macro, Money and Banking, and then Finance.

I've taken all four of those tests, so my advice is based on my personal experience.

What order should I take these tests? - merolpn - 09-12-2012

Thanks for both of your replies. I think just starting with the economics will get the ball rolling.

What order should I take these tests? - ShotoJuku - 09-13-2012

Publius Wrote:I'd take them in the order you listed, Macro, Micro, Finance, and finally Money and Banking.

I concur and definately MACRO first!

What order should I take these tests? - Prloko - 09-13-2012

ShotoJuku Wrote:I concur and definately MACRO first!

Yes, Macro then Micro then Finance then M&B. They all build on each other and M&B has elements of the three previous courses.

What order should I take these tests? - merolpn - 09-13-2012

Thanks for the replies.

I am taking Management Info Systems tomorrow and will probably book the Macro and Micro tests for a few weeks out. I already started the IC cards on Macro and when not online I have a couple Economics books to read.

What order should I take these tests? - merolpn - 10-08-2012

Still at it. I passed MACRO (63) and MICRO (64) 2 days ago. I took them at the same time and I posted specific feedback. The tests did not seem that bad but I was pretty intense with studying and making a notebook from the Cliffs AP macro/micro book. The book had a few diagram and spelling errors (I had an older version) but they were easy to figure out.

Thanks for the prior advice. I am going to start studying for Principles of Finance and Money and Banking.

There is a new test center that opened within a reasonable distance of my house and they will schedule exams on almost NO notice. I am going to see how quickly I can get these done.

I have to do an online refresher clinic for my CFI rating that takes 16 hours so, I want to knock these out in a week so I can to start working on that.