Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Where can I find study material? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Where can I find study material? (/Thread-Where-can-I-find-study-material)

Where can I find study material? - cutekids3 - 09-04-2012

I am scheduled to take two CLEP tests but I can't seem to find the study material I thought was on this site. Any suggestions on where to get study material for American Government and Intro to Pyschology? Thanks!

Where can I find study material? - cooperalex2004 - 09-04-2012

Start by searching this site (in the upper right corner), then check out the information available from:

InstantCert - Study Guides For CLEP, DANTES, ECE, And GED Exams (The sponsor of this site, great at providing practice on exams)
Free Clep Prep.com (Free site for CLEP and DSST testing guides and info)
CLEP Exams | CLEP (Official CLEP site)

if you get into DSST exams later on then of course add in getcollegecredit.com (the official site for them)

Where can I find study material? - BIPolarGuy - 09-04-2012

instacert.com has material to study for $20/month. You can also go to collegeboard.org and look at the recommended textbooks for those courses.
However, i did take both of those cleps and i feel that the Instacert material is sufficient to pass the test.

Good luck

Where can I find study material? - ShotoJuku - 09-04-2012

IC Flashcards - Second To None!!

Other Sources of CLEP & DSST Study Material: REA Books, Comex Books, Pass Your Class Guides, Standard Deviants DVD's, Petersons Practice Exams, Dummies Books, Idiot's Guides .

Where can I find study material? - irnbru - 09-04-2012

If you're planning, or considering taking any other CLEP tests the Official CLEP Guide is a pretty critical investment.

In addition to containing the syllabus for each test you're about to take, it provides at least ~50 questions for them; some of those questions may even turn up on the respective test. It also functions as a good source for researching which tests to take next.

If I were to purchase/acquire anything when starting out, it would be that guide and access to Instacert.

Where can I find study material? - mymelody - 09-05-2012

I'm also taking my first CLEP intro to psychology. I had been using Yale's intro to psychology and Peterson's practicing tests.Goodluck!:hurray:

Where can I find study material? - Prloko - 09-05-2012

I found Cliff's Notes American Government to be the perfect blend of brevity and topic coverage for the CLEP. I read it in a week and passed the exam with a 64 I believe. It was my first CLEP.

Where can I find study material? - sanantone - 09-05-2012

I scored pretty high on the Intro to Psychology exam. I used InstantCert, this video series Resource: Discovering Psychology: Updated Edition, and this e-textbook Psychology 101 at AllPsych Online.

I didn't take American Government, but these might help.

Resource: Democracy in America
Resource: The Constitution: That Delicate Balance