Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Need quick input... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Need quick input... (/Thread-Need-quick-input)

Need quick input... - Treyser - 05-01-2007

Hey guys,

I am a Reservist that is doing my duty atm and I just found out that I can take two exams per day instead of 1. The testing center on base here only allows testing on Tuesday and Thursday morning so I basically have TWO extra tests that I can take while I am here. I'm looking for two tests with very little prep time needed. I am already planning on taking Organizational Behavior (Using Instacert and DSST Study guide) and World Population (Using Population by Weeks as well as the CIA world factbook). I basically have tonight and tomorrow to cram for the Thursday morning test and the rest of this week and Monday to cram for the other. I have thought about DSST-Management Info Systems and Possibly Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union- I have the DSST Study guide for both as well as the complete book on Rise and Fall of the SU. I am looking for the most simple tests to prep for and pass.

Thanks!

Need quick input... - SubwayIsTasty - 05-01-2007

Just a suggestion, and I could be wrong, but I have heard that US History II is a really much shorter time span than US History I but it has supposedly more depth. look on other posts to see if you think you should take it.

Need quick input... - Treyser - 05-01-2007

Unfortunately I only need upper level courses, I neglected to say that in my earlier post =/.

Need quick input... - Old Rusty Pipe - 05-01-2007

Personally I found Management Information Systems pretty easy. I'm not saying you will, but with my background I thought it was. I'm an electronics technician, so your mileage may vary.

Need quick input... - beckysharp - 05-01-2007

Rise and Fall is pretty complicated and covers a lot of time. I'd cross this one off your list and concentrate on one of the Psych or Soc UL courses.

Need quick input... - mattie - 05-01-2007

Mmmmmm, I don't know what you have taken before, but the easiest tests with the shortest prep time for most people are as follows.

CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature. I did no study for this one.
CLEP Principles of Sociology -- used comex study/ IC would be great
CLEP Psychology-- IC
DSST Organizational Behavior--IC + dantes study guide
DSST Ethics in America-- IC + dantes study guide
If you have any prior knowledge, and just need a refresher---
Clep English composition ( didn't study) but IC would be good.
Clep Us History I aren't too hard either. IC
I agree with the previous post, the Rise and fall has been said to be quite a hard test.
Well, good luck
study hard.

Need quick input... - chiotwnron - 05-01-2007

Treyser Wrote:Hey guys,

I am a Reservist that is doing my duty atm and I just found out that I can take two exams per day instead of 1. The testing center on base here only allows testing on Tuesday and Thursday morning so I basically have TWO extra tests that I can take while I am here. I'm looking for two tests with very little prep time needed. I am already planning on taking Organizational Behavior (Using Instacert and DSST Study guide) and World Population (Using Population by Weeks as well as the CIA world factbook). I basically have tonight and tomorrow to cram for the Thursday morning test and the rest of this week and Monday to cram for the other. I have thought about DSST-Management Info Systems and Possibly Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union- I have the DSST Study guide for both as well as the complete book on Rise and Fall of the SU. I am looking for the most simple tests to prep for and pass.

Thanks!

Take the DSST-Management Info Systems exam it is much easier to cram for than the Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union.

Need quick input... - sgloer - 05-02-2007

If you need two upper level, how about taking Gerontology and Adulthood and Aging ECE's? They've got a lot of overlap, and aren't terribly complicated.

Need quick input... - Treyser - 05-02-2007

Well tomorrow I am taking MIS and World Population. I spent about 11 hours reading "Population" by weeks and have done really well on the pretests. I have also been following the guide on that test posted by Lee. I've been in Info Technology almost 10 years so I'm fairly confident that with IC I can pass that.

Tuesday will consist of ECE Organizational Behavior and one other test. Currently I have gotten the following input:

Gerontology-
Adulthood and Aging-
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union -

I have basically one week to prepare for whatever test I choose. I have all the study material for the Rise and Fall of the SU but would prefer something UPPER LEVEL that can be passed with IC only. Thanks for all the help so far!