Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
clep biology - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: clep biology (/Thread-clep-biology--14927)

clep biology - Clepclep - 03-06-2012

Hi
I am preparing for this exam since 2 weeks. Still i feel like i don't know anything. I haven't tried any practice test yet. Right now I am following REA book, free clep prep site and using instantcert flash cards.

I am studying cellular biology right now and kind of lost there. do i need to study those in details like everything mentioned on that site. Do u think superficial knowledge is enough to pass this test? Initially I was thinking of taking this test in 2 weeks. till now I am not even half done.

Any suggestions please?

clep biology - bo0giemonsta - 03-07-2012

Hey, I just made an appointment to take the biology exam this Friday. I read the REA book and had know idea what I read. I went through the flashcards one time as well not really understanding anything. So I turned to the exam feedback section forum and decided to go through all the Biology videos at khanacademy.org. There is a lot to go through but he is the best teacher I have ever had. I just read the REA book a second time yesterday and had a much better understanding of the material. I took the first practice test in the back of the book and got a decent score. Today I'm to complete the other 2 tests and write notes on what I got wrong. Then go through the flashcards here until my brain hurts. Tomorrow I will do the Peterson's practice tests while taking notes and possibly the 2012 Clep practice test. I will also review some of the Khan videos on the subjects that are giving me trouble like Cellular Respiration. I also started making flash cards for things people said where on there test from the feedback forum.

Good luck. Check out the khan videos for sure! Time to cram.

clep biology - Clepclep - 03-07-2012

Thanks for reply. I am planning to take next week. Panicking:-(( i do not have petersons book with me. I will try the rea practice test ( only one book with me)this weekend and see how it goes. I am following more free clep prep site than REA n after doing each subject i m doin flash cards. I looked over khan videos, looks like very helpful.thanks for the suggestion. I am practicing from speedyprep too..15 free ques each day;-))

clep biology - izzyg - 03-09-2012

I studied for a week and half, using the REA book and Instacert flash cards. Scored a 61 today, it was tougher then I thought though, there was a lot of material on the exam that the REA did not touch on though.

clep biology - beargins - 03-09-2012

izzyg Wrote:I studied for a week and half, using the REA book and Instacert flash cards. Scored a 61 today, it was tougher then I thought though, there was a lot of material on the exam that the REA did not touch on though.

I agree, I studied for a week on the REA book as well and scored a 63 today. I usually see people saying "I felt like I failed" and honestly I can say that for this one I did feel like I was going to fail it. This is a test you should over study for because the stakes are pretty high (6 credits). I also went through about 80% of IC questions, but I did not fill in the blank, I just focused on understanding the words and concepts.

congrats izzyg!

clep biology - izzyg - 03-09-2012

beargins Wrote:I agree, I studied for a week on the REA book as well and scored a 63 today. I usually see people saying "I felt like I failed" and honestly I can say that for this one I did feel like I was going to fail it. This is a test you should over study for because the stakes are pretty high (6 credits). I also went through about 80% of IC questions, but I did not fill in the blank, I just focused on understanding the words and concepts.

congrats izzyg!

Congrats to you as well. And yes, I also felt like I was not going to pass, the 61 was a huge surprise (and relief) lol.