Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
I feel silly asking this, but... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: I feel silly asking this, but... (/Thread-I-feel-silly-asking-this-but)

I feel silly asking this, but... - commdiver - 06-04-2011

...the CLEPs are all taken on a computer and your score pops up on the screen when you are done, both unlike the SAT and ACT, right? I have searched Google, but some website say all are computer-based, while others say only some are.

Thank you :o

I feel silly asking this, but... - cookderosa - 06-04-2011

commdiver Wrote:...the CLEPs are all taken on a computer and your score pops up on the screen when you are done, both unlike the SAT and ACT, right? I have searched Google, but some website say all are computer-based, while others say only some are.

Thank you :o

Yep! They did away with paper testing, but there still might be a random paper test out there, so I hesitate to say absolutely not.

I feel silly asking this, but... - commdiver - 06-04-2011

Thank you cheersmate

I feel silly asking this, but... - LaterBloomer - 06-04-2011

While I haven't taken it yet, there's at least one test with an essay. You don't learn how you did for weeks. It's an English Comp CLEP.

I feel silly asking this, but... - dcan - 06-04-2011

cookderosa Wrote:Yep! They did away with paper testing, but there still might be a random paper test out there, so I hesitate to say absolutely not.

Definitely check your testing center though. I discovered mine is 100% paper for all tests only when I walked blindly into a 3 hour long College Composition Modular 90 questions + 2 hand-written essays.

I feel silly asking this, but... - cookderosa - 06-04-2011

dcan Wrote:Definitely check your testing center though. I discovered mine is 100% paper for all tests only when I walked blindly into a 3 hour long College Composition Modular 90 questions + 2 hand-written essays.

OUCH..... I had to hand write my mid and final exam essays for TESC in 2009, I tell you what, you think you're not dependant on technology? CRAP that was rough. :willynilly: I had a several 5 paragraph essays for one of those pain in the arse exams....that'll never happen again hilarious

Boycott the pencil.

I feel silly asking this, but... - blu2blu - 06-05-2011

Many Military bases are still using paper tests. I took several CLEPs and an ECE on paper within the last year.

dcan and cookd: I feel your pain! The News Reporting TECEP I took was 100% hand written with zero multiple choice questions! I had to define terms, write essay style answers to questions, and three news articles all with a pencil. I thought my hand was going to fall off.

I feel silly asking this, but... - LaterBloomer - 06-05-2011

Amazingly, when we were all using pencils and pens, I never heard of anyone with carple tunnel syndrome!

I feel silly asking this, but... - Slg122170 - 06-06-2011

I ran across a school who only administered the pen/paper exams (I call them scantrons) just last week....I recommend calling schools in your area in advance. Pen/paper takes a lot longer to obtain results. Who wants that in 2011??

I feel silly asking this, but... - dcan - 06-07-2011

blu2blu Wrote:Many Military bases are still using paper tests. I took several CLEPs and an ECE on paper within the last year.

Exactly. And when I looked later the folded handout clearly said "all paper tests" and I just missed it. My own fault.