Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? (/Thread-Is-Straighterline-more-affordable-than-CLEP-etc)

Pages: 1 2

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - CollegeStudent7 - 04-10-2011

I just read that it's only $99 a month and $39 for each course you take. If I took 3 courses a month via Straighterline, that would mean I'm essentially paying only $216 for 3 classes.

I already applied at TESC and I will be mailing my transcripts ASAP. Will I have any trouble transferring these right in? Thanks all.

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - Bunbu - 04-10-2011

That's right. You'll only be paying $216.00 for the first month. The $39 per class is a one-time fee only. This means that every subsequent month you'll only be paying $99

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - CollegeStudent7 - 04-10-2011

Bunbu Wrote:That's right. You'll only be paying $216.00 for the first month. The $39 per class is a one-time fee only. This means that every subsequent month you'll only be paying $99
That's amazing. I wonder why people don't go through here rather than CLEP? Overall, if one does the math, it seems cheaper...or at least even if I am right.

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - MA2 - 04-10-2011

And there's a promo code out there to get your first class free and another class for $15 dollars off.

But if you can take and pass a CLEP cold then why not do that -.-

MA2 Wrote:And there's a promo code out there to get your first class free and another class for $15 dollars off.

But if you can take and pass a CLEP cold then why not do that -.-

I have honestly taken most of my liberal arts. I'm not sure how I would just up and take a CLEP and pass it. Can you tell me which ones most people have a really easy time passing? Maybe I should just clep out of those ones for now. :o

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - sokhen - 04-10-2011

Straighterline is passable 3 classes in a month is very doable, but in a way its pretty fast paced, not for the feint of heart.

sokhen Wrote:Straighterline is passable 3 classes in a month is very doable, but in a way its pretty fast paced, not for the feint of heart.

I'm not sure I have what it takes. I remember nursing school being crazy, but I managed to pass, so I am hoping I can pass with Straighterline and that TESC easily accepts all classes.

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - kester22 - 04-10-2011

Here is how long it took me:

English Comp I & II, College Algebra, Chemistry + Lab done in 1 month or less.

Business Communication, Business Statistics and Med Terminology done in 1 week or less.

Macroeconomics - 2 months Sad (mostly procrastination on my part...19 tests ):willynilly:

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - ryoder - 04-11-2011

I loved straighterline. Its better than clep in some cases because you don't have to actually go schedule and take the test. I finished bus comm in a week and learned a lot.

CLEP credits are equivalent to regionally accredited courses though and SL is ACE approved so they only transfer to certain schools. There are a lot of schools that take ACE but many more who do not. TESC however does take SL and the transfer is a breeze. If I were you I would sign up right away for something like business comm or economics. At least go buy the textbooks used on amazon.com.

For business you need business comm and straighterline is the only source I am aware of that has it.

Is Straighterline more affordable than CLEP (etc.)? - CollegeStudent7 - 04-11-2011

kester22 Wrote:Here is how long it took me:

English Comp I & II, College Algebra, Chemistry + Lab done in 1 month or less.

Business Communication, Business Statistics and Med Terminology done in 1 week or less.

Macroeconomics - 2 months Sad (mostly procrastination on my part...19 tests ):willynilly:
You finished three classes in less than a month?...and another 3 in a week? That is just awesome!:coolgleam: :hurray: