Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Nervous - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Nervous (/Thread-Nervous--12042)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nervous - uimara050711 - 03-07-2011

I have been trying to Clep Biology and Hummanities for almost 3 years now. Every year classes and life just got in the way of me actually taking the test. I have an old Biology book, InstantCert, and REA Book, and 1 semester of BIO in college ( I need 8 credits, I only have 4) but still very nervous about actually taking the test!

For anyone who has taken Biology or Hummanites PLEASE tell me I'm over thinking it and just to calm down, and go for it!!

Or some study resources to help out!!

Nervous - STG - 03-07-2011

Have you heard of peterson's tests? They are quite similar to the real CLEP.
Here's the link: Statistics

I don't know why it keeps saying statistics...ignore it Wink
Click on testing and education, CLEP prep and then the CLEP you want the practice test for and create a username and password... Good luck!

Nervous - HorseManiac - 03-07-2011

I took Biology in November after studying for a little over a month using the IC flashcards, Rea biology, and having taken a college entry level HS biology course the year before (Apologia). I was able to pass with a 65. Smile I was really nervous before I took this one because of all the things I had heard about it being a really hard test. If you haven't already I would take a Peterson practice test from here. I find them really nice. Beware of the last one though. It is notoriously hard and I only scored a 50 on it! Also, check out the Specific Exam Feedback on this site for lots of other resources. Other than that, it looks like you have plenty of resources to knock this test out! You can PM with any questions if you want to! Good luck! :hurray:

Horsemaniac

***EDIT*** I posted this without seeing prettyprincess' post. The practice tests are to the same website!

Nervous - STG - 03-07-2011

Is there a reason why we have different links to Peterson's Test?

Nervous - HorseManiac - 03-07-2011

prettyprincess Wrote:Is there a reason why we have different links to Peterson's Test?

Mine is a link to free-clep-prep.com. Yours is a link to the Inspire website. Yours is just one step closer than mine. With mine you'll have to click on the Inspire link on the free-clep-prep website. So it is essentially the same thing!

Horsemaniac

Nervous - bawhitsett - 03-07-2011

prettyprincess Wrote:I don't know why it keeps saying statistics...ignore it Wink

If you just paste a link it's going to tag it with the title given in the source code. If you look at the title bar it says "statistics".

Nervous - cookderosa - 03-07-2011

uimara050711 Wrote:I have been trying to Clep Biology and Hummanities for almost 3 years now. Every year classes and life just got in the way of me actually taking the test. I have an old Biology book, InstantCert, and REA Book, and 1 semester of BIO in college ( I need 8 credits, I only have 4) but still very nervous about actually taking the test!

For anyone who has taken Biology or Hummanites PLEASE tell me I'm over thinking it and just to calm down, and go for it!!

Or some study resources to help out!!

Two questions.
1) are you sure your college awards 8 credits, 2 of which are lab, for the CLEP Bio exam? It's not unheard of...but it is pretty unusual if they do. In other words, the first 4 will duplicate BIO 1, but the remaining 4 complete your bio sequence. Just curious which college that is. (I keep lists of such things lol- seriously)

2) Have you checked out Khan Academy? It's free videos in roughly 10 minutes on any and every bio concept you could want to study for. He is "my favorite teacher" in all things math/science.

Good luck!!

2)

Nervous - uimara050711 - 03-08-2011

Im going for it March 26,2011!!
for BIO!

Its a little complicated about school!
The class that is allowing me to do this is Tidewater Community College, but I actually go to Old Dominion University! ODU does not take Humanities CLEP, but TCC does so I am transferring it in as a TCC elective through my associates!

Graduating Associates of Social Science and Bachelors of Science
May 07, 2011

I got ahead of myself and still had lower level classes to finish http://www.degreeforum.net/images/icons/icon11.gif

Nervous - uimara050711 - 03-31-2011

with a 56!!!!!

humanities next

Nervous - tsh414 - 03-31-2011

Hi! I PM'd you could you please check it out and help me. I would greatly appreciate it!